West Ham (A) - EFL Cup R4 - Post-Match Thread

No its its not a good argument, its proof that a lot of City fans do not like the lad due to his background ... he wasn`t signed from a recognised top team.
Care to expand on how he played poorly ... assuming thats your point ... if not ... then what the fuck are you talking about.
I rest my case.
Didn't say he played poor.
What I said was he should of scored with his chance of half time, and then he looked frightened to death to be grabbing one of the slowest forwards in the Prem giving away a dangerous free kick.
I want him to be a success for 40 Mill, but I feel him not being first choice at our club will never bring him on.
You can't always expect fringe/squad players to be fleetingly great when called apon.
Yet I get your point, that we didn't concede so he did a job

Always disappointing to go out of a competition, but not too despondent about tonight. It’s not like we got battered, or went down without a fight. We didn’t play that badly, just lacked a cutting edge against a well organised side. Penalties always a bit of a lottery. Hopefully not having the extra fixtures will help with the league and CL, and we’ll go all out for the FA Cup this season.
Me neither, just the groundhog feeling against a well disciplined defence that we could play for a week without scoring.

It just felt like one of those games from 10 mins in.

Bit more cutting edge and you’d have done us in normal time. Happy we won, tempered by the fact it means more games we could do without. To be fair this is the first time in living memory I can recall our lot understanding the fine art of defending - but I’m almost miffed we didn’t get beat by a side most whu don’t mind losing to..! Good luck for the rest of the season fellas…
Go and win it.

Didn't say he played poor.
What I said was he should of scored with his chance of half time, and then he looked frightened to death to be grabbing one of the slowest forwards in the Prem giving away a dangerous free kick.
I want him to be a success for 40 Mill, but I feel him not being first choice at our club will never bring him on.
You can't always expect fringe/squad players to be fleetingly great when called apon.
Yet I get your point, that we didn't concede so he did a job
Of course he should have scored and we could also say the same about a further 6 other players who were shit in front of goal, most of whom were midfielders or so called attackers.
I would hardly call people like Sterling,KDB,Gundogan,Mahrez etc as fringe players yet they are some of the biggest culprits.
Not for the first time are we useless in front of goals and yet look at the number of goals we`ve scored in all competitions so far. ;)

People really not to give it a great with the arguing on here tonight, We were poor on the night but we still created enough to go through, It wasn't meant to be so let's move on. We've had a fabulous run in the League Cup the last 4 years something which will probably never be done again.
The players who don't normally get game time had a chance tonight and prove to Pep they deserve to be starting, They never showed up tonight we'll bring back in the 8/9 regular starters again because they deserve to be in the team.
We missed Laporte and Dias massively tonight to start off our attacks everything is done much more quicker when they are at centre back. Stones takes far too many touches on the ball, Ake doesn't really help the team in an attacking sense never breaks lines with passes or carries the ball forward. Alot of things didn't add up tonight.

West Ham went through and I hope they go on to win it now, They've beaten the best side in England and possibly Europe so good luck to them.

Bit more cutting edge and you’d have done us in normal time. Happy we won, tempered by the fact it means more games we could do without. To be fair this is the first time in living memory I can recall our lot understanding the fine art of defending - but I’m almost miffed we didn’t get beat by a side most whu don’t mind losing to..! Good luck for the rest of the season fellas…
Would love for you to go on and win it.

Very disappointed. All the jibes about our history and, this season, we could have made history that would likely have never been broken. 5 league cups on the trot would have actually done me for the season. I especially love the league cup final and, although I’m probably in a minority, I’d actually have rather won tonight and not beat Palace on Saturday, (which presumes we win on Saturday)….
This post has to be a wind up surely...

Always disappointing to go out of a competition, but not too despondent about tonight. It’s not like we got battered, or went down without a fight. We didn’t play that badly, just lacked a cutting edge against a well organised side. Penalties always a bit of a lottery. Hopefully not having the extra fixtures will help with the league and CL, and we’ll go all out for the FA Cup this season.
Gutted to go out tonight and agree with most of this apart from it helping us in league or Champs league I don't think losing helps anything especially when it's rarely the first 11 turning out, what it does is deny squad members and EDS getting more game time. Hoping this is our last defeat this season.

Please go on and win it. Would be a kick in the balls to see youse potentially roll over for the scousers or their ilk.

Always enjoyed Upton Park, fitting side to pass to the baton to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.