West Ham (A) - EFL Cup R4 - Post-Match Thread

Just home from the game. A quick look at the last few pages of this thread suggests there will have been plenty of misplaced whinging. That was utter floodlit larceny by West Ham; although City only have themselves to blame. We didn't make enough of the chances we had. 25 shots and no goal is asking for trouble. Trouble was, the most talented player on the park produced a woeful penalty. These things happen and a fantastic run in the competition comes to an end.

No need for recriminations or deep analysis, just move on.

It was a good run while it lasted but sadly a fair few of our stellar players who might now be considered second string have fallen off a cliff. Time for a revamp.

Just back. So, as for the football - we played better-should have taken our chances-looked off pace-need a striker, etc etc etc - whatever, we have had a good run for the past few years, West Ham held it together at the end - good luck to them....but that's not why I am here. As one of the 5000 'fans' in the worst away end since sitting behind a pillar at the old Arthur Wait Stand at Selhurst Park - I seemed to be surrounded by hundreds of tourists. I changed my tickets late from a seat in the front section - to two seats in the blocks that clearly went on sale at the end of the window, and which appear to have been diverted to touts or were given out as a free gifts on Etihad flights. There were at least four large Middle East families around us - and don't misunderstand me - it's great we have wonderful support from our friends in the region, and there were also loads of half and half scarf wearing tourists too - BUT I also know of loads of Blues who were trying to get tickets and were told it was sold out. So I just don't understand what was going on. Nobody around us knew any of our songs, and at one point I asked a steward if I really was in the 'City' end and not some hellish version of the Fulham 'neutral' section. I get that it's great to grow our away support - so its not just us Legacy fans - but try and make a fucking effort. So not just a shit game and shit result - but a shit atmosphere too..looking forward to returning to a proper away experience at Villa and Watford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.