West Ham (A) - EFL Cup R4 - Wed 27 Oct 19:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Carabao and FA Cup won't cost us PL title this season since we are pursuing all 4 trophies with some serious competition in domestic league. Come on City!

from memory, Pep's league cup teams usually start more second string and get stronger as the tournament progresses. Palmer played a full 90 (?) away at Burnley in the same round last season, and i do think he'll play again at West Ham.

this is our cup! i think Foden & Bernie will be rested, Mahrez, Sterling & Torres all to feature. I'd go something along the lines of

Stefen
Walker/Egan-Riley - Stones - Ake - Zinchenko (is he fit?)
Fernandinho
Gundo - Palmer - De Bruyne
Mahrez - Torres - Sterling

Any on the bench

Last edited:
from memory, Pep's league cup teams usually start more second string and get stronger as the tournament progresses. Palmer played a full 90 (?) away at Burnley in the same round last season, and i do think he'll play again at West Ham.

this is our cup! i think Foden & Bernie will be rested, Mahrez, Sterling & Torres all to feature. I'd go something along the lines of

Stefen
Walker/Egan-Riley - Stones - Ake - Zinchenko (is he fit?)
Fernandinho
Palmer - De Bruyne
Mahrez - Torres - Sterling

Any on the bench
Torres out for another month or so with a broken foot.

I’d love to see McAtee involved but I reckon he’ll be with the EDS tomorrow given how many injuries they have.

Steffen

Walker
Stones
Dias
Zinchenko

Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Palmer

Mahrez
Jesus
Sterling

Love the League Cup, having spent years waiting in the hope of even a semi-final appearance, knowing it had been our last major trophy, the fact that we have now won it 4-years on the bounce on top of a couple of other occasions since the takeover, it holds a special place for me, more than the Chumps League tbh! Anyway a tough fixture this one, the Hammers look decent and Moyes would love a trophy and will be looking at this competition for his first...

I’d love to see McAtee involved but I reckon he’ll be with the EDS tomorrow given how many injuries they have.

Steffen

Walker
Stones
Dias
Zinchenko

Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Palmer

Mahrez
Jesus
Sterling
Stones and Ake will definitely play.

Don't get how people aren't arsed about this after the last 4 years, can only imagine they haven't been to a game in this competition to think that. We've spent 4 years making this competition ours, we set a new record if we win it this year I'm more desperate to win this than I have ever been. First team only for this.

I suspect West ham will go weaker than us, they have europa league football and want to actually be in it, whilst this would represent a great chance of a trophy it would be a tough ask for them to compete on all fronts.

Steffen
Walker
Stones
Ake
Zinchenko
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Palmer
Mahrez
Grealish
Sterling

5 subs gives us plenty of room to keep players fresh by only giving them 60-70 minutes if it's going well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.