West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

What did you think of VAR?

Good question.
Always been in favour but I do understand the frustration waiting for the outcome.
Fans around me were going mad waiting for the review on your 3rd goal - but when it was disallowed they’re all cheering! End of day, that would have been given, game over and it’s a joke we would have gone home, watched MOTD and seen the game killed by a wrong decision.
It’s just going to take a long time to get used too, I’m still in favour of VAR.

Hi everyone, I’m late to the party as I’ve been very busy!

Didn’t see the match, but what a result!!!

Come on City!!!!

Quite happy with that result. We're +1 (2 decisions for and 1 against) on VAR decisions so although it's not going to be perfect as it depends where the freeze-frame is taken and may not be at actual point of release from the pass then as long as it's consistent then that's all we can ask for. Some good performances but still a bit of sharpness to come for others. Laporte was excellent all match, Sterling had a quiet 1st half but exploded in the 2nd, Ederson there when required to keep the clean sheet though did get lucky with one cross he misjudged. Both Jesus & Aguero off the mark but that was a shocking penalty on the first take.

Some of the best goals this season, will be written off.

Offside was designed to improve the game, not ruin it. They even had it in the law, to allow daylight between players, to try & achieve that.

How the fuck you can go from that, to disallowing a goal on a centimetre, is typical of the fucking wankers in charge of the sport. You can't even be sure the ball wasn't kicked, between frames.

they need to remove the nonsense of calling offside if you only have your chest or head ahead of the last defender...judge it by the position of the feet

Thought you were full of activity early doors, but created nothing in the end of it. Your high pressure worked well...until we got up to match speed and started finding the holes, then we were off to the races. The Ederson saves kept the game from getting a bit fractured, because it kept the2 goal gap, as opposed to making it one and possibly turning the tide with the crowd, who got up for it after the brilliant 3rd “goal” was chalked off for Sterlings armpit being offside!

No one is going to look forward to going to WHU this season.

The way you play out from the back is amazing- that’s what killed us today.

Yeah but they weren't doing it so why not use the technology to get the right decision.
im agreeing with you, in a round-a-bout way. they dont need the var for that stuff, its easy to see. they just didnt have the arses to enforce it. now they have the mighty var on their side, (and a faceless geezer 100 miles away up the M4 who cant be ripped to pieces by the fans for giving the correct calls), they will have the gumption to enforce it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.