West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Very sloppy in the first half but much better in the 2nd. Marhez was immense with a contribution to every goal. Raz had his shooting boots on, VAR decisions by the bucketful.
Regardless of the VAR penalty retake decision Aguero really has to lose spot kick duty he misses too many (4 in the last 15 - including retakes) - lucky for him he got to take it again.
TV viewers and match attendees must be able to validate VAR offside decisions. There needs to be a split screen for VAR decisions. A box in the top left showing the passer and the rest of the screen the side view of the pitch. Then you can validate when the ball was played (when the passer touches the ball in the passing movement) and the offside view at the point where the ball was passed. On TV you can rewind it and replay to validate the decision

Last edited:
What a start to the season! Eddie, Walker, Mahrez, Raz (second half) and Gabby were excellent.

We weren't at our best in midfield first half though.

Thought Jesus had a very good game again. Will he start vs Spurs?

We were unsurprisingly rusty in the first half but we saw glimpses of our best football later in the game.

Walker, Laporte, Sterling and Mahrez were particularly impressive. After a nervous start, Rodri had a promising debut, too.

It’s a shame the best goal of the
game was disallowed.

Good result with lots of room for improvement. Thought that first goal was an underrated thing of beauty too. Not sure how I could see instantly that Gabby scored it but the commentators were determined it was an own goal.

Knew Jesus got to it because a deflection off the defender would have been slower or looped up / bobbled more.

i was actually just thinking about this. ive mentioned it on here before. putting a tracker on the chest of the player. if their core is logged further forward than the opponent then offside is given. immediate flagging up, like the hawkeye ball over the line.
Tracker makes sense to me and must surely help

Nowhere near our best in the first half but fucking hell we have a gear change that very few teams can live with, Raz and Mahrez were superb, Kev got his stuff going second half, great game for Rodri to understand what this league is about and he started to get to grips a little.

VAR well it’s a buggers muddle

Any how fucking five nil on a proper nana skin of an opening game I can imagine Rawk is a tad deflated this afternoon

Whilst talking about technology and VAR I’m watching Bournemouth v Sheffield United on Bein and one of the commentators has just said he is surprised teams don’t train in wind tunnels to prepare for windy days. Wtf

I'll settle for that :) Marhez played a massive part in that win today, how many assists? And made the penalty. Really hope he starts to kick on and show us his best from now on. Well done Jesus who scored and never stopped running and thought Walker was excellent too. But you've got to give MOM to Sterling, this lad is becoming unplayable, took them chances with such ease and never stopped wanting the ball and running at their back 4..MAGNIFICENT! And to make things better, there are a million dippers boiling piss tonight because they thought they'd be top of the league after the first weekend. e e e CTID

Whilst talking about technology and VAR I’m watching Bournemouth v Sheffield United on Bein and one of the commentators has just said he is surprised teams don’t train in wind tunnels to prepare for windy days. Wtf
Just heard this, as well.

I honestly thought he was joking... then came the silence from his commentating partner and I knew then he was being serious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.