West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

We played in 2nd gear today and won in a canter , some good individual performances but i don't think we really gelled as a team , we probably played a good 25-30 minutes in the game ,and that was enough to see off the Hammers , we will need to step up against Spuds. But a 5-0 win away to an experienced premier league team who will probably finish in the top ten really puts the quality of our squad into perspective . There is no one to touch us in this league.
Sloppy at the start before going through the gears. West Ham had a go at us. Any team that attacks us gets destroyed. Kevin imo, is now one of the best two or three in the world. Our average age has come down - and last year we were the second youngest team/squad in the Prem. Raheem looks like he will score five against some team.

One down 37 to go and threepeat.
Beating the Irons is no little feat, fellow bluemoaners. Hope they'll recover pretty soon and start collecting points off everybody else.
Mahrez and Walker teamed up very well, credit to the African champion. So did Zink and Merlin/Raheem. Rodrigo needs a few more matches to outfernandinho Fernandinho.
VAR is shite, was dreading the scovse cvunts in the Varroom started to plot against us disallowing Jesus second. It's gonna be a very fine thread.
Sergio did not miss, Fabianski was way off his goal line, thus the retake.
Chuffed for Raheem Sterling, he's top of the league.
Mahrez now looks like a Pep player - destined for a long run in the team.

Disappointed with Pellegrini’s post match comments. Implying we were lucky and dirty.

didn't think so. at first glace it appeared to be an O.G, so can understand he thought it was lucky as he probably hasn't seen it back.

Eddie was superb when called upon. No way is Alisson the better keeper. Before his injury (I don't want to see anyone get a serious injury), his kicking was awful - giving the ball away on the edge of the box. Hopefully, his absence will affect Liverpool at the back. In fact, Liverpool's back four was pretty poor against Norwich's pea shooter attack.

Rodri slow start but really came onto a game in the 2nd half, Mahrez was very good in the first half, Raz poor in the 1st but dynamite in the 2nd, you can say the same for KDB. To win there 5-0 is pretty decent going.
Take Kun off penalty duty please, it's becoming seriously unfunny.
Crucial double save from Ederson when it was still 2-0 and they were on a bit of a lift with the disallowed goal.
I would have Ilkay on pens.

Yes but the original intent was to use VAR for "clear and obvious" mistakes and there was no one at the game today who doubted Jesus had scored a fair goal from a brilliant move. If they'll go back to using VAR only for clear & obvious errors it will do good service.
Despite popular opinion, there never was an offside 'daylight' rule, but some officials used it unofficially. A player used to be offside if they were level with the last defender - rule changed around 1990. In my opinion, changing the offside rule to 'daylight' would get rid of some of the current offside problems. Offside is all about any part of the body you can score with.

Having said all that, it puzzles me why super quick strikers don't step back and give the defender a start knowing they'll win the race anyway.

All the trains are running a hour late, being diverted through Birmingham stuck at New street now
16.00 due in at 17.56 arrived at Stockport at 19.17. Signalling problems apparently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.