West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Look at Liverpool Furlough Club's goals conceded stats - especially with VVD in the team since we annihilated them in July - piss poor.

yep

even with VVD this season liverpool looked dodgy at the back. now he is out for 6 months or more liverpool will leak goals and lose games

Won't read a century of wrist slicing posts, just yet.

Another point rescued away against an overtly underrated side. The collective swooning by entitled prepubescents kbw that expect five nils week in week out, and multimillion hirings every window, won't change the fact the the hammers are not to be dismissed, even with the chosen one at the helm.

This is an unusual season, dear bedwetters; cannot be compared to the previous standards before the pandemics hit the world. Save your pep chiki khaldoon outs for a better cause.

Raz's profligacy or Riyad's greediness are indicators of not there yet, but we will; despair not.
Win the game in hand and we'll be 2 points shy of the crumbling top.

Now to the beginning of the thread next to Marseilles.

Allons infants de la Citéh!
You're on YTS in a Xmas cracker factory and I claim my £5.

Won't read a century of wrist slicing posts, just yet.

Another point rescued away against an overtly underrated side. The collective swooning by entitled prepubescents kbw that expect five nils week in week out, and multimillion hirings every window, won't change the fact the the hammers are not to be dismissed, even with the chosen one at the helm.

This is an unusual season, dear bedwetters; cannot be compared to the previous standards before the pandemics hit the world. Save your pep chiki khaldoon outs for a better cause.

Raz's profligacy or Riyad's greediness are indicators of not there yet, but we will; despair not.
Win the game in hand and we'll be 2 points shy of the crumbling top.

Now to the beginning of the thread next to Marseilles.

Allons infants de la Citéh!
I agree with most of this and I think you hit a few nails firmly on the head. City don't look the team of 17/18 but it isn't 2017/18 again and it never will be. Nor is it 18/19 or 19/20. And Liverpool certainly don't look the team of 19/20. No team does - some look better, most look a deal worse and as you remark "this is an unusual season". Win our game in hand and we're two points of the top - so it is premature to give the title to anyone after 5 or 6 games! On 10 November 2013 City lost 1-0 at Sunderland and fell to 8th in the table, 6 points behind the leaders. "Avery worrying trend" was obvious to the media and had cost City any chance of regaining the title - 6 away games played, 4 of them lost, one drawn and only one (ironically at West Ham!) won. It was our last defeat away in the PL until 13th April at Anfield when Liverpool beat an injury ravaged City team. It was only the second away defeat in ANY competition in that period. City were champions that season... Let's just wait and see.

I always liked Navas. Was a greyhound for us and his pace (but not finishing) scared the wits of opposition team but he did get us up the pitch quickly which is a great way of reducing risk yo our own goal.
Me, too, mate. Honestly. Was just posting as bit of a joke!

We are moving from our old brilliant team to the newbies, i hate the word transition but that is where we are , we have dropped quality and experience all over, kev is staying and signing a new deal by all accounts
But how have we ended up in a transitional period? Replacing our 'brilliant team' should have been a constant, ongoing process.

But how have we ended up in a transitional period? Replacing our 'brilliant team' should have been a constant, ongoing process.
I don't know why we cannot attract players of real quality that make us feared again.

Maybe the DOF and Khaldoon telling us why would be a good start.

In his end of season interview he said we would bring in more players ( plural ) after we had signed Ake and Torres.

Torres maybe a longer term replacement for Sane ( not anywhere near his level yet ).

if Messi was genuine we should have had the sense to know it was not going to come to fruition and have a plan b.

Bit like are game plan if we struggle and go behind we don't assert ourselves quickly enough on the scoreboard to get back the advantage.

The possession game without a strong forward press and quick movement into spaces is not going to get you a title in fact its going to get you a points total that struggles to get you top half.

Better to have pace and quick movement on the break these days or a squad that just bullies their way to wins with physicality combined with players who are clinical in and outside the box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.