West Ham (A) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it may not make much difference. According to my records we have yet to beat any of the top 7 sides home or away this season and that may not change on Saturday. I have resisted the temptation to label periods of the season as crucial but for me the next month is pivotal. This game Sunderland and the home games against Liecster and Spurs really will speak volumes. We need a minimum of 9 points from this lot to keep in touch and at last record a win against a top table side.

I've touched on this a few times. We've only managed to beat Palace(twice) and Southampton in the current top 10, whereas we haven't lost against the bottom 10 and have only dropped points against Everton at home and Villa away. We've turned into nothing but flat track bullys this season. It's a truly dismal record that needs to change instantly if we want to win the league. you can't win the league without beating any of your direct rivals. we shouldn't really be anywhere near the top of the league with that kind of record, that's usually the kind of record you see from Europa league teams, it shows just how poor the rest of the so called top teams have been too.

I think we can't really afford to lose again in the league until at least the Liverpool game in March. Realistically, we can only really afford another 1-2 losses and probably need to win all of our remaining home games too which isn't going to be easy with the top 5 all yet to come to the Etihad,

I've touched on this a few times. We've only managed to beat Palace(twice) and Southampton in the current top 10, whereas we haven't lost against the bottom 10 and have only dropped points against Everton at home and Villa away. We've turned into nothing but flat track bullys this season. It's a truly dismal record that needs to change instantly if we want to win the league. you can't win the league without beating any of your direct rivals. we shouldn't really be anywhere near the top of the league with that kind of record, that's usually the kind of record you see from Europa league teams, it shows just how poor the rest of the so called top teams have been too.

I think we can't really afford to lose again in the league until at least the Liverpool game in March. Realistically, we can only really afford another 1-2 losses and probably need to win all of our remaining home games too which isn't going to be easy with the top 5 all yet to come to the Etihad,

I agree with your sentiment but it looks like most are in the same boat and struggling for any kind of sustained run. Competition threads are probably saying similar things.

If leicester fail to beat Stoke, which if a strong likelihood seeing as Leicester are at home and struggle to break teams down, then a win will take us top and then we see what Arsenal do the next day.

I'd settle for just matching whatever Arsenal do.
I think you are right about matching Arsenal, West Ham away almost seems like a harder fixture than Chelsea at home this season. If we can stay in touch with Arsenal I think they will run out of steam and our class and strength in depth will win out come the end of the season :-)

This is our preview of the game, quite a lot of City content. Hope it is allowed to post it. Apologies if not. And hope you enjoy, hopefully you subscribe as we will have a review up on Saturday night.
I am the scottish host.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.