West Ham (A) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't got the insanity either

Why's it insane? It's more of a balanced team rather than just the best 11 names. KDB isn't performing away from home for one reason or another, Silva can't be at his magic best when the entire team stand still and i believe Yaya's role should be reduced to more of a lampard role, he'd be more effective coming off the bench . Our best game of the season had that midfield bar Delph for Yaya.

Where did that Byram signing come from? Wasn't he expected to sign for Everton a day or so ago? Can't say i've seen anything of him tbh, heard his name being thrown around for the past 3-4 years but nobody has taken a gamble until now.

Norwich made very few changes.m
Everton just 3 days later scored 3 at Chelsea, so seems odd that they would simply 'show little ambition' but I guess your complete and utter guess as to Everton's mindset suits your arguement.

The funny thing is, you site Palace's only real chance, about 90% Zabaleta's fault.

Granted they were awful at Spurs,mbut Demichellis has been written off before, but time and time again he's proven that with a steady run of games in a steady back four that he is still useful.

Now, we may look a shambles at West Ham, I hope not. Still doesn't take away the fact that it would be simply idiotic to experiment with Sagna. Especially with Zabaleta looking so far off the pace.

Where your whole arguement falls down, you discredit our centre back pairing because Palace 'have forgotten where the net is' yet use Zabaleta's performance against that same side as evidence to totally change the back 4.

How does that make sence?

Norwich made 7 changes (link below). And even if they hadn't, this is NORWICH we're talking about.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35211537

Everton scored 3 at Chelsea, they also conceded 3. They came to Stamford Bridge with more ambition. Given the pile of shit Chelsea is this season, is that any surprise?

As for Palace, they haven't scored in their past 5 matches, so we are alongside Villa, Swansea and Bournemouth in keepin a clean sheet against them. If you want to make your case for MDM based on that, well good luck bud.

And Zabaleta off the pace? Not sure what game you were watching, but our attack and width were greatly enhanced by his presence. Sagna has put in the odd good cross (notably against Watford) but he is nowhere near the attacking force that Zabaleta is. And it's your final sentence that doesn't make sense. My statement about Zabaleta related to what he brings to our offence ... which has nowt to do with Palace's anemic offence.

As I said before, failure to play Sagna at CB will leave us dependent on 3 CBs going into the most critical and busy part of our season. That would be suicide and it's amazing that you don't see that.

If we were going to make the change it would have made more sense to introduce it at Norwich, and then again on Saturday. Why give Demichelis three games playing alongside Otamandi and then break up the partnership for a vital away match? Especially after three clean sheets.

I agree - certainly would have made the change against Norwich. But that's done and dusted. We are playing with fire persisting with a porous, sluggish MDM - far bigger risk than playing Sagna who has been our best defender this season (factoring in Kompany's long absence). As for the 3 clean sheets, I already addressed that red herring in an earlier post.

Norwich made 7 changes (link below). And even if they hadn't, this is NORWICH we're talking about.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35211537

Everton scored 3 at Chelsea, they also conceded 3. They came to Stamford Bridge with more ambition. Given the pile of shit Chelsea is this season, is that any surprise?

As for Palace, they haven't scored in their past 5 matches, so we are alongside Villa, Swansea and Bournemouth in keepin a clean sheet against them. If you want to make your case for MDM based on that, well good luck bud.

And Zabaleta off the pace? Not sure what game you were watching, but our attack and width were greatly enhanced by his presence. Sagna has put in the odd good cross (notably against Watford) but he is nowhere near the attacking force that Zabaleta is. And it's your final sentence that doesn't make sense. My statement about Zabaleta related to what he brings to our offence ... which has nowt to do with Palace's anemic offence.

As I said before, failure to play Sagna at CB will leave us dependent on 3 CBs going into the most critical and busy part of our season. That would be suicide and it's amazing that you don't see that.

How do you know it's not been tried in training? I'm kind of with you in that it might be worth a try as having just 3 fit centre backs and one of them is a defender on his last legs is risky especially when we're still in 4 competitions. I know he's said in the past he can see himself moving to centre back as he ages and struggles to get up and down the line all game but he's not a centre back that's playing right back like say Ivanovic is, he's been a right back his entire career, it's very difficult to suddenly change positions.

On a side note, it would be hilarious to see the "Pellegrini hates youth" brigade go batshit crazy if he did play Sagna at centre back ahead of throwing Humphreys in.

Lanzini, Sakho and Carroll all ruled out for West Ham, that's a bonus.

Slightly off topic but I went to see the Chelsea - Everton game last weekend. If it weren't for crappy defending and an incapable linesman, Everton would've won easily. They outplayed Chelsea in every department. Mirallas looking in top shape again. Besic is one to keep an eye on, excellent player.

Slightly off topic but I went to see the Chelsea - Everton game last weekend. If it weren't for crappy defending and an incapable linesman, Everton would've won easily. They outplayed Chelsea in every department. Mirallas looking in top shape again. Besic is one to keep an eye on, excellent player.
Besic is a mediocre player and a #1 hacker.

Lanzini, Sakho and Carroll all ruled out for West Ham, that's a bonus.
But it may not make much difference. According to my records we have yet to beat any of the top 7 sides home or away this season and that may not change on Saturday. I have resisted the temptation to label periods of the season as crucial but for me the next month is pivotal. This game Sunderland and the home games against Liecster and Spurs really will speak volumes. We need a minimum of 9 points from this lot to keep in touch and at last record a win against a top table side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.