West Ham (A) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it may not make much difference. According to my records we have yet to beat any of the top 7 sides home or away this season and that may not change on Saturday. I have resisted the temptation to label periods of the season as crucial but for me the next month is pivotal. This game Sunderland and the home games against Liecster and Spurs really will speak volumes. We need a minimum of 9 points from this lot to keep in touch and at last record a win against a top table side.

Didn't realise that was the case. That's a pretty shocking record, but it has to come to an end at some point.

If leicester fail to beat Stoke, which if a strong likelihood seeing as Leicester are at home and struggle to break teams down, then a win will take us top and then we see what Arsenal do the next day.

I'd settle for just matching whatever Arsenal do.

West Ham must have an eye themselves on the 4th spot and seem to be improving again. This has been just the type of game where we have got beat badly in recent months up against a team who are very good on the day and who can raise their game. I think we should go back to 5 in midfield with at least 2 of Delph, Fernando and Fernandinho. That way we can be competitive and get men in the box to support Aguero. When you look at the players we have available, we should win this.

Tomkins a doubt for WHU but sounds as if he'll make it. Need to watch him at set-pieces.

We owe them for beating us at home. Time for a big away performance. West Ham have been on a poor run of late, lets hope it continues.
We need to keep Yaya in reserve and let Delph Fernando / Fernandinho tear it up in midfield and feed the creative players

We owe them for beating us at home. Time for a big away performance. West Ham have been on a poor run of late, lets hope it continues.
We need to keep Yaya in reserve and let Delph Fernando / Fernandinho tear it up in midfield and feed the creative players
Poor run? They were unbeaten in 8 until losing to Newcastle.

Because he has had no winter break and looks knackered and he has so far been bad away from home
"Bad" is a bit strong imo. Someone posted a stats table the other day showing that he created as much chances away as at home, just not converted. Admittedly, I know stats don't tell you everything. His performances have been underwhelming away, but with Agüero creeping closer to his top form I'd definitely put in the number one assist provider.

Slightly off topic but I went to see the Chelsea - Everton game last weekend. If it weren't for crappy defending and an incapable linesman, Everton would've won easily. They outplayed Chelsea in every department. Mirallas looking in top shape again. Besic is one to keep an eye on, excellent player.
Besic is a ****.

"Bad" is a bit strong imo. Someone posted a stats table the other day showing that he created as much chances away as at home, just not converted. Admittedly, I know stats don't tell you everything. His performances have been underwhelming away, but with Agüero creeping closer to his top form I'd definitely put in the number one assist provider.
He has also been careless with the ball and looks dead on his feet,i hope a week off has been enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.