West Ham (A) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know that but we are talking mp here and his love child yaya

Fair point. I don't for one second think we'll play that team i suggested, it's just what i'd like to see, Yaya will surely be back in the starting lineup

We know that but we are talking mp here and his love child yaya
yaya was very good when he came on against palece and with a weeks rest he should start.we are much better with yaya in the team as long as we don't expose him

yaya was very good when he came on against palece and with a weeks rest he should start.we are much better with yaya in the team as long as we don't expose him
He was good and that's how we should use him really,i hope we never see him in a 2 again but i'm not too hopeful mp will change now

Hart
Sagna
Otamendi
Martin
Clichy
Delph
Yaya
Navas
Silva
Aguero
Kelechi

West ham will just sick back so we have to go 2 up front in this one. The only problem with this team is height at set pieces which I'm sure they will target.

At least Carroll is injured. Wouldn't fancy Demi or Otamendi challenging him in the air.

Going to this and can't wait. A weeks rest for the players hopefully get Fernandinho back fit. Will Pellers stay with 4-4-2 or go 4-5-1?

Hart

Sagna Otamendi Demichelis Clichy

Fernandinho Delph

Sterling Yaya Silva

Aguero

That's my line up and I'm going for a close 2-1 City win.

I sort of agree with your team. It's not rocket science imo that if you are solid in midfield and control it, you have more chance to win the game. I wouldn't start Yaya and put Navas in his place with De Bruyner as back up to Silva.

However I bet this is the team that our manager picks:

Hart

Sagna Otamendi Demichelis Clichy

Fernandinho Yaya

De Bruyner Silva Sterling

Aguero

I just hope whatever the team we can win this game, it will really set us up as we move forward in our fixtures.

So, to be clear? You advocate a change of centre backs after 3 clean sheets in a row?
You want to go to a tough away ground and experiment with a totally different defence?

Demichellis and Otamendi have played for Argentina together plenty of times, know each other well and have been high class centre halves for years, heck they even speak the same language. Oh and did I mention 3 clean sheets in a row? Yet you want to start a right back who is woefully short of game time, move our stand out defender this season out of position, play Otamendi on the other side of the back two?

Sometimes City fans really do baffle me.

As for last Saturday, I'm a big Iheanacho fan but we looked twice the side when Ya Ya came on.

Time to invoke Disraeli. 3 clean sheets yes, but 2 of those against Norwich, who rested several players for the Cup game and have just lost 3-0 to defensive maestros Bournemouth, and a Palace side who sans Bolasie have completely forgotten where the net is. Shutting out Everton was creditable, but in truth, they showed very little ambition in that game and seemed to play for 0-0 from the outset.

For prime evidence, take a look at Lukaku's winner in the League Cup or Delaney completely unmarked but firing a point-blank range header straight at Hart. And if you are then still wavering, pull up the game at White Hart Lane.

Yes it is something of a risk putting Sagna in at CB, but he is a seasoned professional with experience in that position and has been playing at a way high level than MDM this season. Moreover, we have to make this move at some stage. We can't bet anything on Kompany's fitness and going into a very busy post-Feb period in 4 competitions with just 3 CBs, one of whom is MDM (who is nowhere close to a high class CB any more) is at best rolling the dice, more realistically utterly foolhardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.