Status
Not open for further replies.
for me :

..............willy
sagna otamendi stones clichy
.............garcia
sterling silva de bruyne nolito
.............aguero

got some time to rest afterwards. need to get stones playing again. need to give minutes to garcia, why not? rest toure he's put in a shift recently. silva got a sit down first half of burnley. would consider resting kevin but he's just too beautiful to be doing that

________________Caballero_______________

Zaba________Tosin_____Stones________Kolarov

_______________Fernando____________

____Garcia________________Delph

Navas________Kelechi_________Nolito

Strongest possible team, our best chance of a trophy this season.

...............Willy
Sagna....Stones.....Otamendi....Clichy
............Fernando
......Yaya.........Silva
Sterling.............KDB
............Kun

Jesus on the bench.

Now I'm not talking about wholesale changes here, but isn't this a case for Tosin Adarabioyo to be drafted in? I mean, how can we find out what these players are worth, otherwise?

Oh, and Navas out, please. I mean, out, as in out. I've really had it with him. Work rate alone is not enough. He has no kind of confidence at having a go on goal, even when he clearly should. I used to rate him, and I have clear memories of him scoring good goals for us in his first season – remember that first beauty against Spurs in 2013? – what on earth has happened to his confidence, just can't fathom it.

Last edited:
I reckon Garcia will play and surely Nolito. You never know maybe even Delph will make an appearance!

Navas couldn't beat anything at the moment, always runs into trouble or can't pass it past the first defender. It's shocking how poor he has become. Is it confidence or just apathy?

Willy

Sagna
Stones
Otamendi
Kolarov

Fernando
Yaya
Silva

Sane
Aguero
Nolito

Will have to play a tall team to deal with there route 1 football

Third Round Saturday 7 January 2017
Fourth Round Saturday 28 January 2017
Fifth Round Saturday 18 February 2017
Quarter-Finals Saturday 11 March 2017
Semi-Finals Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 April 2017
The Final Saturday 27 May 2017

Best chance of a trophy - maybe. Depends on the draws...
Certainly the least important competition for Pep. Main target will be 2017/18 CL qualification.

As next match is on Sunday 15 Jan Pep won't have to play a 2nd team like vs rags in the EFL cup.
In terms of rotation I expect Willy, Nolito, Fernando and Sané if fit again.
Not sure about Stones as I like the pairing Ota/Kola as CBs now and would like to see further stabilization there.

Maybe Zab in, even if Sagna is far better. Depends on Sagna's state of fitness.

I would give KDB a rest as he didn't look well at Anfield and had lots of wrong decisions vs Burnley, too.
Same for Sterling, who might come on later.
Yaya from the start, with the option to be replaced by Garcia later on.

Sergio for sure! He is fired up and will score again. Nacho is back to be the important impact sub - who he is.

Navas?? Nice lad for sure, but sorry to say, no real option anymore, he is no football player. Usain Bolt could do his job.

Should be an easy win as we will be a man up after 15 mins and get 1 offside goal for free, as I was reading somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.