West Ham (a) pre-match thread

West Ham United vs City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you mean exactly, but I wanted to pass on a new "kick-off trick".

The new rule says the defender may receive the goal kick from the keeper inside the box.
The little workaround goes like this (and the IFAB is already asked to adjust the rule again):

the keeper has to take the goal kick from the 6 yard line.
He chips the ball to his defender - while opponent players must stay outside the box -
and the defender heads the ball back to the keeper,
who now is allowed to pick it up, move further up the pitch and throw or kick it somewhere
AND he has several seconds to do so -> time wasting...

Several 2nd and 3rd German league teams have done it already, so be prepared if you watch it in PL matches... ;)

would love to see phil jones try that one - "own goal" written all over it.

...............Ederson.............

Walker.......Stones.......Ota........Cancelo

..................Fern............

.............KDB............Silva

......Bernardo.........Aguero................Sterling

Thats the side I would prick but I Reckon Rodri and Zinchenko will probably start.

Not at all. Being realistic......teams that lose opening games don't win titles...

barcelona 08/09, manchester united 12/13, juventus 15/16…. but you’re right it’s pretty unusual.

champions drawing their opening game, on the other hand, is surprisingly common. since west ham will probably finish about 10th, a draw wouldn’t be the end of the world imo.

you seem a bit nervous. watch the liverpool – norwich game friday night, and get back to me if you still think that liverpool side gets anywhere near 100 points this season.

Will be interesting to see if Laporte comes straight back in and who for.

...............Ederson.............

Walker.......Stones.......Ota........Cancelo

..................Fern............

.............KDB............Silva

......Bernardo.........Aguero................Sterling

Thats the side I would prick but I Reckon Rodri and Zinchenko will probably start.
Wow, someone else besides me lining up a natural full back who can play either side in front of a non LB and a LB who has never played a regular season game for a top league. You're insane.

Ederson

Walker Stones Laporte Zinchenko

Rodri

B.Silva D.Silva KDB Sterling

Jesus

I'd go with that :) Jesus probably fresher than Serg.

Come on City.
would be good to give Sergio some decent minutes as he usually take a few games to get into the swing of things

I'd like to see Phil get a decent run out. He's no doubt learned a lot from playing and training alongside El Maggo, and given the right opportunities this season he could become a worthy successor.

Barring cup draws, this will be the last time Magic Dave will play West Ham away. It's going to a long and drawn out goodbye for our midfield maestro, and Pep really need to be getting Phil up to speed if he's going to step into those massive boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.