West Ham (a) pre-match thread

West Ham United vs City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. Being realistic......teams that lose opening games don't win titles...
source.gif

I was impressed with their defensive performance last game against them at Etihad and thought they were very unlucky with the soft penalty we got. I remember they took a couple of batterings early last season so hopefully we can catch them cold. Interested to see what Haller's like if he plays.

Teams that win titles win the vast majority of their games, so are very likely to have won their opening match. That's logical.

However saying it the otherway round isn't. You only get 3 points for winning the opening match, as you do for every other match.

For my money, Liverpool will get 80-90 pts this season, Klopp uses and relies on the enthusiasm/noise of the crowd too much. I can't see them being as excited this season after last season's failure. At Dortmund he did well at the start then it faded. I think they have peaked.

City will target 102 points this season, to make a round 300 in 3 years and with grand hypocrasy, they therefore have to win their openng match!

WHU 1 MCFC 2

Teams that win titles win the vast majority of their games, so are very likely to have won their opening match. That's logical.

However saying it the otherway round isn't. You only get 3 points for winning the opening match, as you do for every other match.

For my money, Liverpool will get 80-90 pts this season, Klopp uses and relies on the enthusiasm/noise of the crowd too much. I can't see them being as excited this season after last season's failure. At Dortmund he did well at the start then it faded. I think they have peaked.

City will target 102 points this season, to make a round 300 in 3 years and with grand hypocrasy, they therefore have to win their openng match!

WHU 1 MCFC 2
How would City target 102 points? Don’t we just try to win every game and the eventual points total will be what it is?

I suppose we could “target” an increased points total by addressing how we dropped points last season. How do we avoid a December blip? Perhaps avoid that extra December fixture by making an early exit from the carabao cup. Would we do that?

I think Liverpool will pick up about 90 points, can’t see them dropping to the low 80’s

First game of the season, West Ham will at least try to play footie as long as we turn up and put in a shift hopefully we will come away happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.