West Ham (A) - Sun 15th May, 14:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely no chance Foden doesn’t play, him, De bruyne, Rodri Bernardo nailed on. The other two from Gundogan, Jesus, grealish, Sterling, Mahrez. Pep doesn’t fancy Mahrez away from home generally. My guess same again as wolves but Jesus for Sterling maybe. Back 4 who knows

I don't know, people might hate me for it, but Foden hasn't been setting the world on fire recently. That's normal, all players have warmer and colder streaks, but Grealish has looked more dangerous and confident than ever in his substitute appearances the last three games. I think Grealish also offers better ball-retention and possession control, and with our defensive injury woes, that might be something Pep places a premium on: defend with the ball, and all.

You're probably right that Foden will still be preferred, but I wouldn't be surprised if Grealish got the nod.

Even if Rodri has to play CH, surely we still have enough talent to win.

Ederson
Cancelo
Rodri
Ake
Zinchenko
Gundogan
Bernado
KDB
Foden
Jesus
Mahrez

looks good, i'd be tempted with

Ederson
Cancelo
Egan-Riley
Ake
Zinchenko
Rodri
Bernado
KDB
Foden
Jesus
Mahrez

instead, I've never been convinced with Gundogan as a defensive midfield. He's never played that well in that position. Sticking in Egan-Riley means there's no square pegs in round holes

West Ham are a good side, but they will give you chances. If we play anything like we did on Wednesday we should have enough quality to see us through. If Laporte can't play (but I think he will be fit) I would go with Ake and Rodders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.