West Ham (A) | Sun 7 Aug 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit radical this one but I don't like the noises on Bernie.
2 strikers and Phil too.

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Ake
Cancelo
KDB
Rodri
Gundogan
Foden
Alvarez
Haaland

A bit radical this one but I don't like the noises on Bernie.
2 strikers and Phil too.

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Ake
Cancelo
KDB
Rodri
Gundogan
Foden
Alvarez
Haaland
Not radical at all.

Our midfield works better with Gundo instead of one of KDB or Bernie.

Cant see Pep going with both the new boys though.

Surprised so many have gone for a win here. After the Bayern game I really thought we would win the charity shield but feel that result has tempered my expectations somewhat. Perhaps I am just being a bit weak but all this faffing about a left back and it being a fairly tough away game to start with has knocked me back a bit. I generally start having the hope that we will go through the season winning every single game, daft I know but hey ho not this time.
Fairly tough away game? Haven’t we won 5 of the last 6 there with an average of 4/5-0? It was tough last year as we were at the tail end of the season, had no Walker and Zinchenko did enough to justify it being his last ever start for us by being beyond wank.

i personally hop pep is brave and starts Alvarez? He looked lively as fuck when he came on and give us that hard working Tevez type effort we are going to need? I hope we go with:

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Dias
Cancelo
Rodri
De Bruyne
Bernardo
Alvarez
Foden
Haaland

......... Ederson .........
Walker Dias Ake Cancelo
.......... Rodri ...........
... Bernardo .. KDB......
.Alvarez Haaland Foden.

Hoping that Alvarez and Foden start up front with Haaland. Then bring on Grealish, Mahrez and Palmer at some stage.

Our season depends on kick starting this attack imo. (Not on the defense who quietly do a decent job)

How have West Ham looked preseason? Anyone seen any games?
That's irrelevant TBH, one thing I've learned from many years watching football, is that pre-season form gives absolutely no clues to how a team will perform 'in anger'. Having said that, the last couple of seasons our players have not been quite up to speed for the start of the season.

......... Ederson .........
Walker Dias Ake Cancelo
.......... Rodri ...........
... Bernardo .. KDB......
.Alvarez Haaland Foden.

Hoping that Alvarez and Foden start up front with Haaland. Then bring on Grealish, Mahrez and Palmer at some stage.

Our season depends on kick starting this attack imo. (Not on the defense who quietly do a decent job)
That would be my preferred team, as well (if Stones isn’t fit, that is).

But I have a sinking feeling that Grealish and Mahrez will start. And I wonder if Bernardo will be “rested”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.