West Ham fans.

well lets not forget they have frodo baggins in their firm...if that doesn't earn them respect i don't know what does

palmtree said:
lastmanback said:
easy to like, try to play football,
but the main reason people like them is because they are no threat.
similar to us a while ago, people liked us, till it started to look like we might start
beating them and winning things. IMHO.

Sort of agree with you in some way mate but in my opinion it's a bit more than that. West Ham like us have a large loyal fan base which has nothing to do with being a threat. Remeber West Ham against the dippers fa cup final and willing West Ham to win the cup, what a geat game of football that was, one of the best cup finals IMO and I hope West Ham stay up out of all the teams that are down there. I'd rather see wigan stoke and brum go down and hope blackpool wolves and west ham stay up at least that way we have more teams who add to the thrills and spills of the premier league

Well, I disagree about Wigan.

I'd them to stay up because they are a local Lancashire side and I like all Lancashire sides to do well apart from one obvious exception, and they are more of a London side really.

I couldn't care less about teams like Wolves, Stoke and Birmingham. OK, they are famous clubs with a good history but they aren't from round here.

urmston said:
palmtree said:
Sort of agree with you in some way mate but in my opinion it's a bit more than that. West Ham like us have a large loyal fan base which has nothing to do with being a threat. Remeber West Ham against the dippers fa cup final and willing West Ham to win the cup, what a geat game of football that was, one of the best cup finals IMO and I hope West Ham stay up out of all the teams that are down there. I'd rather see wigan stoke and brum go down and hope blackpool wolves and west ham stay up at least that way we have more teams who add to the thrills and spills of the premier league

Well, I disagree about Wigan.

I'd them to stay up because they are a local Lancashire side and I like all Lancashire sides to do well apart from one obvious exception, and they are more of a London side really.

I couldn't care less about teams like Wolves, Stoke and Birmingham. OK, they are famous clubs with a good history but they aren't from round here.

If you read my post you will see that i would rather stoke and brum go down! wigan based on their poor attendances which are probably the worst in the league and wolves because they try and get on with it and ultimately i like Mick McCarthy

let's believe for once.

we deserve it.<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:41 am --<br /><br />we will win at least four-nil.

little dave will run the show and we will take the piss.

we need to believe. easiest game of the season.

in roberto we trust!

DortmundDummy said:
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Remember going down there when we were relegated in 87 and they gave us a standing ovation (the fans not the team) and a lot of lads swapped details and still keep in touch.

Proper club with real fans and I have a lot of time for them
I was there too, they lined the streets and applauded us all the way to the tube after our relegation, loved West Ham ever since, proper inner City fans just like us.

One of many stand out moments in supporting City. Despite being relegated. If memory serves me well we still would have gone down if we had won, as Leicester won anyway. Biggest ball acher was they only had a couple of turnstiles open and thousands of City turned up, so didn't get in 'til nearly half time. They couldn't believe our support!

I certainly understand the afinity between our clubs. Both have tons of great history, unquestionably passionate fanbase and both sets of fans support clubs who have always strived to play free flowing attacking football but periodicly break our hearts...

Yeah, I quite like The Hammers.

felixbg said:
we had italian, greek and ukrainian west ham fans at our european away games. not sure if they've watched green street and decided they want to support west ham or what but found them in turin, kiev & thessonika. all seemed to like city aswell maybe its the colours.

This. Found a hammer in one of the bars in Poznan the other side of the square to the Londoner. All West Ham fans I tend to meet are loyal supporters who know their footy and hate Spurs/Un*ted. Sincerely hope they stay up, after Sunday of course.Some decent connections with them recently too like Wanchope and Berkovic. I remember in particular Eyal being class for them. Top club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.