West Ham (H) - Post-Match Thread

After x5 mins it was obvious West Ham were not going to press Rodri, so he had every chance of beating any records.

Nevertheless still has to do the job. KDB still easily MOM though, his chase back and challenge to nick the ball off the

CF in that 2nd Half breakaway showed his steel and commitment on top of his assists & goal at other end of the pitch.

Mendy placed his crosses well and Walker on opposite side in general did well too. Most worrying was Stones cameo.

Yes Moyes, post match, stated "terrific performance" but think that was linked to his later "goal difference" comment.

I saw that and it’s convinced me even more that Kevin de Bruyne should be the future captain of Manchester City.

I can’t face listening to the bog eyed twat but by all accounts Moyes has said in his post game interview that he thought his side were terrific.

Wow. Deluded.
He’s not deluded - terrific manager - don’t forget he was “the chosen one”

I thought rice pudding was their best player until Zab came on :)
Their best player was their goalkeeper, and by some distance.

Rice had more pace that Rodri so got to loose balls quicker than him a few times and ran away from him a few times, but whenever he had to play the ball anywhere he looked like a very poor player.

Rice had more pace that Rodri so got to loose balls quicker than him a few times and ran away from him a few times, but whenever he had to play the ball anywhere he looked like a very poor player.

Rice couldn’t get anywhere near David Silva. I’m not actually sure what all the fuss is about with Rice

I agree their keeper was their best player but he might possibly be disappointed with being beaten at the near post but it was a fantastic shot

It’s the difference that stands out the most at this level. Rodri may not be the quickest physically but he is very quick mentally and is very good technically. He is also probably one of the strongest players in our team (especially in hold up play), which as we saw yesterday, can be helpful on set pieces, opportunities we desperately need to capitalise on more.

I thought yesterday’s performance wasn’t anywhere near his best (despite the impressive passing stats and goal) but he still looked a much better overall footballer than Rice (and, if we are honest, most of the West Ham players).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.