West Ham interested in Iheanacho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to lose by loanining him out. Must be a number of Prem teams would love to take him. A good mid table one would be my choice that way he gets plenty of games but at a team that will provide him with goal scoring opportunities. Also means he could take points off the top 4 rivals and we get to keep him if he really stands out.

I just have this feeling this lad is nowhere near his full potential yet. It's to early to sell him, as said by a previous poster, he should be loaned out to some club like Newcastle with terms.

We haven't even seen half of it imo. He moved here at a crucial time & missed out on loads of football, whilst Jesus, Sterling, Sane etc were playing every week at a high level. He has a lot of catching up to do.

For a start, he has a long shot like a missile. We have barely seen it at all, but it's there. He was a clever player who could drop deep & play passes through, we haven't seen that part yet.

I wonder if these rumours are based on what might happen, if we sign varous players, rather than a nailed on desire to move him on.

We haven't even seen half of it imo. He moved here at a crucial time & missed out on loads of football, whilst Jesus, Sterling, Sane etc were playing every week at a high level. He has a lot of catching up to do.

For a start, he has a long shot like a missile. We have barely seen it at all, but it's there. He was a clever player who could drop deep & play passes through, we haven't seen that part yet.

I wonder if these rumours are based on what might happen, if we sign varous players, rather than a nailed on desire to move him on.
The way the summer spend is headed we will need to sell him to balance the books. 20 Mill seems like a good deal with maybe a buy back clause.

The way the summer spend is headed we will need to sell him to balance the books. 20 Mill seems like a good deal with maybe a buy back clause.
Balancing the books is not really a concern now as our turnover has grown so much that 200m net spend won't really make any difference to our transfer policy, but if we can get 20/24m for Kelechi i'd take it as not sure he's quite good enough

I think 'balancing the books' is always important. One of the very first stated intentions of the owners was to make us self-sustainable and be a world class club. Being a world class club means taking care of the pennies so that the pounds take care of themselves.
Yes, we now turnover some huge sums (for a football club), but we can't have a laissez faire attitude of 'we can afford it, so it hardly matters'. It does matter, even though we can afford it.

Not seen any evidence that that will happen to be honest. As best he could be the next Defoe but not a compelte forward at all.

The kid is 20 years old. You are already damning to mediocrity? You know that Aubameyang and Drogba weren't at this level at his age? Also Pep got rid of a lot of players that he didn't prefer that moved on and became World Class like Zlatan and Eto'o. Just because a young player is struggling now doesn't mean they won't reach the heights.

To be fair, Jermaine Defoe has been an excellent forward in the premier league for years.

Young players progress by playing regular games - e.g. Lukaku, Kane etc.

I do not think we have seen the best of him yet and I would have been interested to see him play as a 10 but too much competition there at City.

If we could loan him to a decent team (not one who which is obviously going to struggle all season) which would make him their main striker that would be great but it is unlikely to happen with a Premier League team. West Ham could be a good move for him and he should get plenty of game time.

I would reluctantly sell the lad with a buy back clause.

To be fair, Jermaine Defoe has been an excellent forward in the premier league for years.

Agree with this. Most pro's would be happy with a career like Defoe's - would have been a good backup for Kun around the time he went off to play in the MLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.