West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Gorton, 20 minutes walk from the stadium, it's just a normal wet and windy winter's day.

Which is exactly what the forecast was predicting (at 11AM this morning) for 4:30 in the Manchester area.

Whoever is responsible for this decision has cocked up big time.

No answer though was there. I just wanted to know if your travel plans were a havoc , like mine would have been.

The train I normally get on a Sunday , is delayed, and was showing two transfers, and arrival at Piccadilly at 5.07pm. Plenty of blues normally on that train, Nottingham, Alfreton.
I was travelling from the home office to the home living room in my slippers.

We've established that roads in close proximity to the ground are flooded. Trains are cancelled, motorways shut and/or flooded, but some still think the game should have gone ahead because it'll be calm at half four?

Ok.

Dont forget 50 thousand live with Marvin and its a 5 min stroll to the game at 4 o'clock.

Reactions: CC1
Motorways flooded, train tracks flooded, major roads flooded, trees down and a constantly changing weather pattern for people having to get to the ground and home again.

Look I get it that Seamus moving half a dozen sheep from one field to another down your way means you're all hard a fuck but the game has been called off for lots of reasons, a majority of which you simply cant comprehend because you're a tough Irishman.
Theres been a standing puddle out my road for the last 15 years. I think it's now classified as a lake. Soft ****s

100% the right decision. My car was written off by a flying tree trying to get to the Sunderland game.

Sheffield Utd is still on and not a million miles away - interesting to see if the game finishes, perhaps the forecast is worse at 4.30pm than at 2pm.

To be fair, City made the decision when the weather became really bad....then 1hr later it's fine. I don't think it had reached Sheffield properly when they made their decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.