West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a disgusting viewpoint.

Get a life. There are people who will be seriously in harms way driving at present.

After some deliberation this morning we decided not to drive up from Oxon. I was reminded of when I did drive up for a midweek game - Sunderland IIRC - only to have the game postponed as we zig-zagged across Cheshire trying to avoid downed trees.

Frankly felt a whole lot better when someone who thought I might be on the road called to say the game had just been postponed.

At the time it look like the right decision and West Ham agreed. Many were complaining about having to wait to be told....the clubs made a decision and now everyone's complaining again, they can't win.

My point was that looking at the weather forecast for 4:30, at the time they made the decision, they got it wrong; the situation was, and is, improving.

The travelling fans now have to travel back and those travelling back down south will be doing so in the middle of the storm.

If the game was played at 4:30 they would have travelled back in improving (improved) weather conditions.

At 11am they wouldn't have travelled for much more than an hour, that is the ones who did not fuck it off due to dreadful motorway conditions, They would have been back yonks ago.

Here in Gorton, 20 minutes walk from the stadium, it's just a normal wet and windy winter's day.

Which is exactly what the forecast was predicting (at 11AM this morning) for 4:30 in the Manchester area.

Whoever is responsible for this decision has cocked up big time.

try 3.5 hours away on a good day. We have a lot of fans who have moved away and are not 20 mins from the stadium. Not sure I would have made it there and back today.

Here in Gorton, 20 minutes walk from the stadium, it's just a normal wet and windy winter's day.

Which is exactly what the forecast was predicting (at 11AM this morning) for 4:30 in the Manchester area.

Whoever is responsible for this decision has cocked up big time.

If only we all lived 20 minutes walk from the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.