West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait mate. The Met Office forecast wind speeds of 18 mph at KO which inside a stadium would have been nothing.

You could nip over to the Asda.

tenor.gif

Appreciate the notice so not driving from Leeds , anyone saying it should go ahead or called off much earlier is off the mark .
I'm sure you'll have driven in a lot worse, and the journey back would have been a doddle.

Do me a favour and look out of your house tonight at 7pm when we would have all been turning out of the ground.

Just imagine if the game went ahead and dozens of folk were blown into the Ashton Canal or impaled on the gasometer at t'other end o' the Blue Car Park. And I must say, I'd be a little peeved if, after the match I found that my car had been blown off said car park and ended up in Cheetham Hill. Imagine the furore the City Safety Office would cop for! Not worth thinking' about!

Plus trying to wade through the flood that is already on Alan Turing Way!

It's started to settle down, I think they might have made the decision a little too early.
Yes it's really OK now here in East Manchester. I guess people are supposed to travel in from other more affected areas and the transport network in this country goes tits up at any adverse weather so they'd be damned whatever they decided.

Hearing kick off might be delayed after the team bus ran into some troubles.

stream_img.jpg

Maybe a nice fixture pile up comming our way...

With Arsenal (H) and now West Ham (H) postponed, if we do well in the FA cup (always IF not when) and get to the FA Cup QF Chelsea (A) joins the list and if we get to the SF Newcastle (H) will also join the list.

No problem if we lose to Real Madrid of course; however, if we stay in that competition as well we could have 4 games to rearrange and only 2 midweek windows to play them in:
  • Tue 21st/Wed 22nd April.
  • Tue 12th/Wed 13th May..
As we aren’t challenging for the league then it really doesn’t fucking matter, does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.