West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all those congratulating the club for its wisdom in postponing a game due to played at 4.30pm in sunny and mild conditions with a moderate breeze of 20 mph - while the game in Sheffield is going ahead in genuinely appalling weather in less than one hour -
maxresdefault.jpg

I'm gonna say it.....

"it's health and safety gone mad"

because it's the internet era and 24 hour media. And people panic. They have gone soft.

Winds are dropping already. By 4.30pm it would have been perfectly playable and we'd have all traveled home safe, sound and happy.

We''ll start getting a few of these a year, especially with climate change but then good luck fitting rearranged games into a packed calendar.

If Millwall and Sheffield can play today at the worst of the conditions there's no excuse for City not playing later when it's settled down.

I thought it was the other way around.

I do remember it being like this on the Sanchez thread Marvin. Who had the last laugh?

I'll tell you what though, if they were making a decision right now it goes ahead, no rain and its calm. But at that time they just had to I guess regarding fans safety getting to the ground, that was the main concern.

To all those congratulating the club for its wisdom in postponing a game due to played at 4.30pm in sunny and mild conditions with a moderate breeze of 20 mph - while the game in Sheffield is going ahead in genuinely appalling weather in less than one hour -
maxresdefault.jpg
Looking out of the window now and it’s just a normal winter’s day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.