West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the game got the go ahead from Marvin, the groundsman put the nets back up.

xin_09040318084159610253.jpg

The blades / blunts are possibly a hardier breed all round but don't have hundreds of security, marketing, hospitality and parking staff to consider as well as having 28000 fans only most of whom travel a short distance.

What about the Bournemouth fans?

Last time it was 20 hours notice.
True. I suppose GMP could argue there were extenuating circumstances then. A foreign team and their fans having already travelled. They might not be as accommodating this time, especially if there are other available mid week dates

Could be several reasons. Schiphol may be an Emirates base, but I would guess that it's far enough out of the Ciara storm swirl and there's more scope there/spare runways (just a guess, mind). IT's actually aiming more towards Rotterdam at the moment.

Trying to land at Heathrow needs some time finding, and it is very windy in London too.
Just starting to descend over Germany. Interesting.

The only thing stopping the game go ahead really is supporters having to travel to Manchester, but Bournemouth fans have still got to get to Sheffield for a 2pm kick off during the storm.

The conditions will have settled by 4.30. I don't get why one goes ahead and the other doesnt. E
because it's the internet era and 24 hour media. And people panic. They have gone soft.

Winds are dropping already. By 4.30pm it would have been perfectly playable and we'd have all traveled home safe, sound and happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.