West Ham post game....

The argument over injuries like you say holds no water for me as all teams can quote crucial players being absent. The fact is if Kompany is out, we have £70m worth of CB talent and an experienced Argentinian International as his back up. Mancini did better with less and that's why these stats whilst interesting, will not detract from the dross I've been increasingly seeing with my own two eyes.

In terms of formations I can quite easily pick our best 11, but that would be completely different to what I reckon is our best team. This for me is what has been at the source of our problems over the last 3 years and I see no sign of this being resolved unless we have a manager who's willing to risk upsetting his star players.

Sorry, what's your basis for this? Both Mancini and MP have 1 title and 1 runners up spot plus 1 domestic cup. And we have been far better in the CL under MP. And "Mancini had less" is also misleading. Yes we have spent some big dollars since he left, but so too have all our rivals. The Scum have way out-spent us. This fact-free pining for Mancini is laughable.

Dave was playing badly but kev was worse so i would have hooked him and left dave on,he was taking control and we were on top when he was hooked.We needed fernando but take kev off and give dave his space back
And yes it is game on

Agree with this. Silva was poor by his standards, but he had just played a part in our equalizer (nice aerial flick to Toure, who then found Iheanacho). Can't remember KDB doing anything of note. I would have brought on Fernandinho in place of KDB.

Sorry, what's your basis for this? Both Mancini and MP have 1 title and 1 runners up spot plus 1 domestic cup. And we have been far better in the CL under MP. And "Mancini had less" is also misleading. Yes we have spent some big dollars since he left, but so too have all our rivals. The Scum have way out-spent us. This fact-free pining for Mancini is laughable.
What pining for Mancini is that? If you want to discuss a point, stop creating shit that doesn't exist and has never been mentioned. Its been explained many a time that both managers were in very different positions when they arrived at City so where do you get your like for like comparison from?

My point was that Manuel has far better defensive options to choose from so saying that we're defensively falling apart because of Kompany's absence is something I have a problem with. Yes we're a stronger unit with captain Kompany, but with the talent at our disposal surely there shouldn't be such a monumental drop off in performance because Kompany's out? We were better defensively prior to Manuel's arrival with a weaker defensive unit, are you denying this?

The point I and many people have made/are making, is perhaps this has something to do with Manuel's all out attacking philosophy, the fact we have been found out and now that we need to regain our famed defensive solidarity, he doesn't seem to have the answers. Today we've had all the defensive stats and what not, but the most reliable indicators are my two eyes which show me something a little bit more alarming than the stats show or you are trying to convince me are facts.

What pining for Mancini is that? If you want to discuss a point, stop creating shit that doesn't exist and has never been mentioned. Its been explained many a time that both managers were in very different positions when they arrived at City so where do you get your like for like comparison from?

My point was that Manuel has far better defensive options to choose from so saying that we're defensively falling apart because of Kompany's absence is something I have a problem with. Yes we're a stronger unit with captain Kompany, but with the talent at our disposal surely there shouldn't be such a monumental drop off in performance because Kompany's out? We were better defensively prior to Manuel's arrival with a weaker defensive unit, are you denying this?

The point I and many people have made/are making, is perhaps this has something to do with Manuel's all out attacking philosophy, the fact we have been found out and now that we need to regain our famed defensive solidarity, he doesn't seem to have the answers. Today we've had all the defensive stats and what not, but the most reliable indicators are my two eyes which show me something a little bit more alarming than the stats show or you are trying to convince me are facts.

Lowest shots conceded in the premier league and lowest number of offsides per game (despite playing a high line) it's clear the lino's give us very little protection - which I think we saw all too well against Spurs and Everton in the capital one cup. If anyone can't see an agenda in the way our defenders are portrayed and yaya is portrayed after seeing these stats it beggars belief.

This is controversial but I think we need a better keeper than Joe. He seems to struggle with concentration and picking things up after long periods of doing nothing. In the second half I thought di Michelis was imperious.

OK, firstly, you and I have never interacted, so not sure why you are being so aggressive in your opening salvo. Secondly, you wrote "Mancini did more with less". I was simply responding to that.

Bluemooner thats a very brave statement and one I can't disagree more. Joe is one of the best keepers in Europe if not the World. We're lucky to have this man who clearly loves the club.

Lowest shots conceded in the premier league and lowest number of offsides per game (despite playing a high line) it's clear the lino's give us very little protection - which I think we saw all too well against Spurs and Everton in the capital one cup. If anyone can't see an agenda in the way our defenders are portrayed and yaya is portrayed after seeing these stats it beggars belief.

This is controversial but I think we need a better keeper than Joe. He seems to struggle with concentration and picking things up after long periods of doing nothing. In the second half I thought di Michelis was imperious.

You're right - it is highly controversial. And the timing is odd after Joe bailed us out with one of the saves of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.