West Ham post game....

Mucho gracias!!!

Dribble, over to you.
And yet we're behind Leicester who lie 9th in that table. To be honest mate, I prefer to watch football matches than judge my teams performance by micro-stats.

If you're happy with our defensive displays, that's your business, me I'm not and whilst I'm not a manager I could make a few suggestions which may improve our performances. Follow the template set against Sevilla, I've said it for years, it's the way forward for us and it hasn't done Barca any harm.

And no more trying to fit square pegs in round holes. Yesterday we should have looked at WHU and gone with Sterling, Aguero, Navas with one from Yaya, Silva, KDB behind Aguero and Delph, Fernandinho (if fit enough) or Fernando. Now there's a stat for you.

Whoscored.com the stat coallating site. You are missing a 'd' at the end.
I understand your frustration mate, but my point still stands 'of managers currently available' who would you put in to replace Manuel today? Trust me when I say this mate, Manuel has been no mug throughout his career to date, but is he a serial winner? No he's a romantic who'd rather win an exciting match 6-5 than win with a steady professional 2-0 with the opposition not having a sniff at our goal.

We were told by some on here this was Pellegrini's style so just accept it, but his Keegan-esque style has been well and truly sussed and we don't have an alternative that works. I didn't want Mancini gone, but when we got Pellegrini I was satisfied with him as a replacement......... until his first ever game against Newcastle at home where even though we won 4-0, I' d never seen us so open.

When this pattern continued, many others including myself predicted his all out attacking style would be unpicked and exploited by other teams which is exactly what happened. The sad thing is Manuel has disappointed me mostly because I expected so much more from him.

Of course he's a good manager mate , but so are Ranieri and Pochettino, two managers getting more pound for pound out of the players available to them than Pellegrini. I also had him sussed from his first game and I reached the conclusion a long time ago he was hanging the players out to dry.Hes run certain players into the ground at the expense of his own gratitude.

Kompany, Silva,Zabaleta look shot with his expectations. Aguero isn't the same player this season irrespective of injuries,there isn't a player who has improved under his stewardship.

In the stands there is apathy, flat atmosphere, people fucking off with 15 minutes to go in bigger numbers than last year, we are playing boring dour football, only lightened up with world class players pulling something out of the hat.

What's happened to the exciting football he promised that we hadn't seen before that he told us we would be watching?

He has no connection with the supporters whatsoever, you might aswell have a fucking cardboard cut out on the touch line .

Roll on Pep, a manager with real passion and bollocks.

And yet we're behind Leicester who lie 9th in that table. To be honest mate, I prefer to watch football matches than judge my teams performance by micro-stats.

If you're happy with our defensive displays, that's your business, me I'm not and whilst I'm not a manager I could make a few suggestions which may improve our performances. Follow the template set against Sevilla, I've said it for years, it's the way forward for us and it hasn't done Barca any harm.

And no more trying to fit square pegs in round holes. Yesterday we should have looked at WHU and gone with Sterling, Aguero, Navas with one from Yaya, Silva, KDB behind Aguero and Delph, Fernandinho (if fit enough) or Fernando. Now there's a stat for you.
Am I impressed with our defense? Absolutely not. But I try to understand things in context. We are best in the league with our captain having missed more than 65% of the games, our best RB having missed 70% of the games, and being down to our 4th string CB. Not to mention never having the option of competition at LB.

These are all facts, and sure other teams have had their injury too. But all said we are still tops at conceding. You work to always improve, and we can and need to. And we actually are improving, albeit the negative reactions belly it.

I'm hopeful, and the indices are not as bad as being advertised here.

As for your blueprint, I think it's a fine team when we are on form, frankly any permutation is fine when we are on form.

My personel of choice is different, I stated them in the best 11 thread, but its all form dependent.

Last edited:
Really? seems like one person telling everyone else they are wrong over and over again
Awwww! Come on Karen, I tot we were finally developing an amicable relationship here.. You gonna put me out like that? :(

Of course he's a good manager mate , but so are Ranieri and Pochettino, two managers getting more pound for pound out of the players available to them than Pellegrini. I also had him sussed from his first game and I reached the conclusion a long time ago he was hanging the players out to dry.Hes run certain players into the ground at the expense of his own gratitude.

Kompany, Silva,Zabaleta look shot with his expectations. Aguero isn't the same player this season irrespective of injuries,there isn't a player who has improved under his stewardship.

In the stands there is apathy, flat atmosphere, people fucking off with 15 minutes to go in bigger numbers than last year, we are playing boring dour football, only lightened up with world class players pulling something out of the hat.

What's happened to the exciting football he promised that we hadn't seen before that he told us we would be watching?

He has no connection with the supporters whatsoever, you might aswell have a fucking cardboard cut out on the touch line .

Roll on Pep, a manager with real passion and bollocks.
What, you mean Manuel ISN'T a cardboard cut out?

Fuckin hell, he had me fooled! :-)

Last edited:
Am I impressed with our defense? Absolutely not. But I try to understand things in context. We are best in the league with our captain having missed more than 65% of the games, our best RB having missed 70% of the games, and being down to our 4th string CB. Not to mention never having the option of competition at LB.

These are all facts, and sure other teams have had their injury too. But all said we are still tops at conceding. You work to always improve, and we can and need to. And we actually are improving, albeit the negative reactions belly it.

I'm hopeful, and the indices are not as bad as being advertised here.

As for your blueprint, I think it's a fine team when we are on form, frankly any permutation is fine when we are on form.

My personel of choice is different, I stated them in the best 11 thread, but its all form dependent.
The argument over injuries like you say holds no water for me as all teams can quote crucial players being absent. The fact is if Kompany is out, we have £70m worth of CB talent and an experienced Argentinian International as his back up. Mancini did better with less and that's why these stats whilst interesting, will not detract from the dross I've been increasingly seeing with my own two eyes.

In terms of formations I can quite easily pick our best 11, but that would be completely different to what I reckon is our best team. This for me is what has been at the source of our problems over the last 3 years and I see no sign of this being resolved unless we have a manager who's willing to risk upsetting his star players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.