West Ham post game....

A point wasn't bad but it's more the performances away from home which will end up costing us,we seem to go into games half arsed and end up making it hard for ourselves by going behind,and then end up chasing the game too many players not performing.we badly miss kompany but it's also shocking that we struggle so much without him,and apart from him and possibly hart have no real leaders out on the pitch who can rally the team when things aren't going our way...

Yaya's laziness was solely responsible for that first goal, everything after that is a reaction by other players to try and mop up his mess.

Otamendi was absolutely right to step up and try to block/intercept the only option Kouyate had to pass to, he cannot think that Yaya having a 4/5 yard head start on Kouyate is going to get beaten one vs one. As a consequence of Yaya letting his man stroll past him, Otamendi has no alternative but to leave Valencia to try to get back at Kouyate. Delph can see Otamendi is stranded and has very little chance of getting back at Kouyate so busts a gut to try and block the shot/cross which he successfully does, an unfortunate bounce and the rest his history.

If you genuinely think we move the ball quicker when Yaya is on the pitch then god help you, if anything he's the main reason we're so lethargic in possession. **In regards to that statement I completely retract it if you're basing your statement as a comparison with Fernando**. As I see it we would be far quicker not only winning the ball back but also on the counter attack if we used Fernandinho and Delph, we would have far more movement from either of them running past the attacking midfielders and striker(s) to create more space for Silva and De Bruyne which would considerably speed up our attack and improve our movement against 'park the bus' tactics.
Yes I agree with this. Whereas once when I saw Yaya's name on the teamsheet it gave me confidence we'd win, now my heart sinks (if he's in a defensive 2). He's no longer a defensive minded player. I'm much happier to see Fernandinho & Delph in that position. Neither of them have Yaya's ability (though they're both excellent) but they more than make up for that with their energy & commitment. I like it when Kelechi plays as well - we seem much more dangerous with him & Aguero up front together. That leaves any 2 from (currently) Silva, KDB, Sterling & Navas to threaten going forward

Never said it had, chill out.
It was obvious what you was trying to say mate and i for one agree with you. Our defence is an embarassment and i also dread to think what could happen with Neymar, Messi and Suarez running at us.

Can't be bothered reading some of these. We have lost 3 times away all season at arsenal, Stoke and Spurs. West Ham have not lost at home for 5 months.

Thought we played quite well from what I saw. Bad mistake from otamendi but we hit the post twice. Fine margins.

Of course the team needs some tweaking and this will happen.

Sterling looked horrible today. Worse than Dave in less time. Lost 4 balls in 35 minutes of playing, delivered an over the defense pass late, and stopped to winge at the ref when he didn't get a call.

I'd have started him too, and we will both have been wrong today.

Fernando ( or preferably Dihno if fully fit) coming in after we got the equalizer was the absolute right call. This is one that shodnt even be questioned.

Kelechi came on, so you are just nitpicking timeing difference. I am okay with 20 minutes for a substitute. The goal is to make an immediate impact. He did. Good on the Manager.
Yes he didn't have a particularly great impact in those 30 minutes, but that's not my point. He's been good for the majority of the season, so to say he shouldn't start over someone whose been poor for 4-5 matches now because he had a poor impact as a substitute seems a little odd. Not to mention the fact if he starts then we can have our front 4 all in their natural positions rather than the nonsense of Silva/KdB as wingers.

Fernando coming on for Silva was the right call? Perhaps if we wanted to hang on for the draw, which is what the last 10 minutes turned into after that substitution - but why should we be wanting to hang onto a draw against West Ham? This is a team that got destroyed by Newcastle just last week - a point is simply not a good result, we needed a win & I think you'd struggle to say we're more likely to get the win with Fernando on the pitch in place of Silva regardless of how he'd played.

Think you're misinterpreting my post, Kelechi came on & had a positive impact yes - and whenever he has come on he's almost invariably had a positive impact correct? I'm saying the manager did the right thing bringing him on for 30 minutes, whereas in the past he's given him 2-3 minutes which is next to pointless really - my point was that he should be doing what he did today more in the future, rather than reverting back to giving him 2-3 minutes which wouldn't surprise anyone if it happened.

Yaya's laziness was solely responsible for that first goal, everything after that is a reaction by other players to try and mop up his mess.

Otamendi was absolutely right to step up and try to block/intercept the only option Kouyate had to pass to, he cannot think that Yaya having a 4/5 yard head start on Kouyate is going to get beaten one vs one. As a consequence of Yaya letting his man stroll past him, Otamendi has no alternative but to leave Valencia to try to get back at Kouyate. Delph can see Otamendi is stranded and has very little chance of getting back at Kouyate so busts a gut to try and block the shot/cross which he successfully does, an unfortunate bounce and the rest his history.

If you genuinely think we move the ball quicker when Yaya is on the pitch then god help you, if anything he's the main reason we're so lethargic in possession. **In regards to that statement I completely retract it if you're basing your statement as a comparison with Fernando**. As I see it we would be far quicker not only winning the ball back but also on the counter attack if we used Fernandinho and Delph, we would have far more movement from either of them running past the attacking midfielders and striker(s) to create more space for Silva and De Bruyne which would considerably speed up our attack and improve our movement against 'park the bus' tactics.
Utter shite.

Utter shite.

I agree. The Hammers player was just more mobile for the first goal.

I thought Yaya put in a good shift. He's not the player of a couple of years ago but I liked the way he was putting in challenges to the end of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.