West Ham Pre-Match Thread... Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need one more solid performance, being defensively sound is important and getting a goal will effectively mean it's done. I'd play the exact same team, everything went okay last night and it got better when we scored, we never looked in danger though until the 2nd had gone in and they had a bit of a chance or 2.

West Ham can't come here to have a go because we will pick them off. We aren't there yet but I just cannot see West Ham getting anything with so much at stake, not only do we not need to win but a goal will mean West Ham need to score 2 which I can't really see. They have only scored 40 goals for the entire season which even Sunderland, West Brom and Fulham have nearly matched.

Whatever happens, we can take heart from the fact that a draw will do, it's not the best way to get it done but we go into this game having already won the title even if we don't score, we just need to keep West Ham out. They have nothing to play for and no doubt will already be on the beach.

spike549 said:
We will go for the win I'd like to see it done in style. And I want to see Gerrards face at the end of the game lol

Dzeko equaliser in the 4th minute of injury time, as the dippers are already celebrating in front of the kop. Suarez commits hari-kiri on a corner flag, Gerard punches a cameraman and goes down for GBH. Brenda has a heart seizure on the sideline. Shares in Yankee Candles sky rocket. If Carlsberg did football games.......................

Morning lads. Here we are then. Remember around in January looking at Spurs and City as final two league games thinking these could be the ones that relegate us ! Thank fuck we picked up and stayed clear in the end. So pressure really is off us.

Do not fear, I'm confident City will win however not so confident it will be comfortable, the team we will have for Sunday is completely different to the one you smashed us in Cup with.

I predict

Adrian
Demel
Tomkins
Reid
Mcartney
Noble
Taylor
Diame
Nolan
Downing
Carroll

Ideal scenario would be us beating you and Liverpool only getting a draw against Newcastle ! Haha

However, I want City to win title so on this occasion please feel free to beat us ...up the hammers.

---------------------Hart---------------------------
Zaba-------Kompany---------Demi--------Kolarov
----------------Yaya-------Fern--------------------
Nasri--------------------------------------------Silva
-----------------Dzeko-----Kun--------------------

COME ON BLUES!

Kevindxb said:
asplund2 said:
Pls start with 2 strikers on top and go for an early goal, Jovetic in for milner. We dont need 5 in midfield against teams that park the bus.

When Jovetic come on yesterday we got such a good movement on the offensive side and it opens up Dzeko, not easy for Dzeko to play against 3 central defenders alone.

Sorry, I don't agree. 451- we need strong midfield to minimise WHU's counterattack effectiveness. Silva, Toure, Nasri, Milner are all dangerous attacking players. Control the game, settle in, and change if needed. I say this all the time. That's what we did yesterday. We need a draw, lets not be hasty.

Let's be honest - a lot of us were saying we should have been playing 4-5-1 earlier in the season, particularly away from home. Pellegrini wouldn't change it, and it cost us a few points. To be fair to him (although injuries have forced his hand a little) he now seems prepared to play the system, and appears to be comfortable with it. I've no doubt if Aguero was fully fit he would go back to 4-4-2, but at least he's not been panicked into pairing Dzeko with Jojo or an out of form Negredo, purely out of stubbornness.

Markt85 said:
Morning lads. Here we are then. Remember around in January looking at Spurs and City as final two league games thinking these could be the ones that relegate us ! Thank fuck we picked up and stayed clear in the end. So pressure really is off us.

Do not fear, I'm confident City will win however not so confident it will be comfortable, the team we will have for Sunday is completely different to the one you smashed us in Cup with.

I predict

Adrian
Demel
Tomkins
Reid
Mcartney
Noble
Taylor
Diame
Nolan
Downing
Carroll

Ideal scenario would be us beating you and Liverpool only getting a draw against Newcastle ! Haha

However, I want City to win title so on this occasion please feel free to beat us ...up the hammers.
How do you expect WHU to play? Like Villa, trying to get a point, or will you be more adventurous?

Good defence. Reid and Tomkins are very good

Hope to see Negredo start. We need energy. Maybe Fernandinho to start as well?

Zabaleta must be tired, but we've got ourselves in a position where we just wont play Richards which is stupid.

Main City question mark will be Silva and Aguero. Can Silva start again, and can Aguero recover in time

--------------------------Hart
Zab--------Kompany----Demichelis-------Clichy
--------------Fernandinho---Yaya
--------------------Silva-----Nasri
----------------Negredo----Aguero

I would make just 1 change from last night, with Fern in for Milner just allowing Yaya to play further forward and push them back with a couple of surging runs into their box. I hope we can score an early goal thus making it easier during the rest of the game. I'm just worried that they will come to park the bus like most teams have done this season at the Etithad and score on a break, wouldn't push to many forward for corners, as a draw would suit us better than Liverpool.

Much like Villa and like most have said, it's about getting that first goal, not trying to force it.

The margin for error that a draw provides means we don't need to panic - it's a great situation to be in, but it's not won just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.