West Ham Pre-Match Thread... Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clichy and Kolorov have been the most rotated players in our squad, and I suspect if we sign someone like Sagna for next season at right back Pellergrini would rotate them just as much. It means both players remain fit, both are treated equally which enables both to show their qualities. Pellegrini should be applauded for his man management skills because at the end of last season Kolorov was being booed by a certain section of our fans and on his way out the door. Not bothered who plays to be honest both have weaknesses as well as strengths. In terms of the game I just want city to win without any sort of high drama so that my knuckles will be intact come five o clock.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Scaley said:
Just been on RAWK (now my second favourite forum for pure entertainment) and apparently West Ham are just the team to frustrate us like they have the last three times that we've played them!

You really couldn't make this shit up.

In the last 2 weeks, Crystal Palace were going to draw/beat us, they were going to hammer Crystal Palace 8-0, Villa would take a point at worst off us, they would beat Newcastle ten nil.

The only one they didn't go over the top on was Everton.

Now it's Nolan/Downing and Carroll. The same Downing and Carroll that Rodgers fucked off and most fans hated.

They are forgetting that West Ham also have 8 other non scouse affiliated players and a manager who probably goes to Dinner with Taggert on a regular basis.( He may hate us but he doesn't want them getting anywhere near to that perch he knocked them off.)

It will be so pleasing if we see it through.

What do you mean non scouse affiliated players? They're the neutral's favourites don't ya know!

Lavinda Past said:
@BluePhil8 said:
jaigurugoat said:
I would probably play the same side apart from Clichy in for kolarov to make us more solid at the back.

I see this myth is still persisting.

In my opinion, Gael Clichy is the most overrated player currently at City. He is a good player, but he shouldn't be picked ahead of Kolarov for any game.

Fuck me!!! Is there not a day go by on this forum when someone isn't knocking, slagging one of our players for no reason? FFS we have one hand on the Trophy and you start babbling shit about players who have played their part in this seasons EPIC end. WTF just don't get it.

Johnny_Be_Good said:
A Chelsea fan who comes in peace.
Hope you spank the spammers on sunday, although not by more than 3 goals.
Can't stand the thought of the dippers winning the title.
Both our clubs have been through good times, then fallen on really bad times.
I remember outside The Bridge, late 70's early 80's, throwing coins into buckets outside
trying to save the place.
Scousers, goons, united an d tottnumb did'nt give a shit about us then.
Roman arrives, all things change, we are now the most hated Club on the planet
Fark em all.
Same thing has happened to you, all I can say is enjoy the ride and stop stevie memememe
winning the league.

Of course next year, I hope we walk al over you, but do your job on Sunday.
Chelsea fans are really the only ones who know what it's like to be vilified in the media for trying to break in to the established clubs.

I was rooting for you to win the Champion's League after you did us a favour at Anfield. Sorry you got knocked out.

Hope it's us and Chelsea who dominate England for decades now. Can't stand the arrogance and superiority complexes of a lot of United, Liverpool and Arse fans.

Let's hope next year we share all of the pots between us.

uwe rosler 28 said:
@BluePhil8 said:
kupest said:
This is one game I would want Kolarov. Height is needed on set pieces and those long balls. Clichy can't do that.
That's what I'm saying. Kolarov is better than Clichy defensively. Clichy is a coward in the big matches. I will be nervous if Clichy starts.

Bit harsh on clichy both have had fantastic season just prefer kolarov as he's improved 10 fold his defending is know very good and he gives us a great attacking option. Anyway same team for me.

I hear what you're saying but, unlike Villa, West Ham have decent wide players (Jarvis and Downing, not world beaters I know) so I would just prefer a more defensive minded player for this game.

blueincy said:
Lavinda Past said:
@BluePhil8 said:

In my opinion, Gael Clichy is the most overrated player currently at City. He is a good player, but he shouldn't be picked ahead of Kolarov for any game.

Fuck me!!! Is there not a day go by on this forum when someone isn't knocking, slagging one of our players for no reason? FFS we have one hand on the Trophy and you start babbling shit about players who have played their part in this seasons EPIC end. WTF just don't get it.

At what point am I slagging anybody? I think that Clichy is a good player who has played his part this season and thoroughly deserves his medal. However, I believe he's overrated by many fans. I would never pick him ahead of Kolarov.

Chill out incy...It's my opinion - I've got loads of them. Some you'll agree with, most you won't. Get used to it.

blueincy said:
Lavinda Past said:
@BluePhil8 said:

But it's not slagging one of our players, mate. It's evaluating two players, both of whom are good (and anyone who says that either is 'shit' doesn't know much about football) at their real level. There's not much to choose between them this season — see our defence which, despite a lot of slagging for its collective abilities on this very forum in the first few months of the season, is in fact the second best defence in the premiership. And Kolarov and Clichy have constantly been alternated, so they both must have contributed to that record. It's only that there's been an absolute fixed idea that Kolarov cannot under any circumstances defend. That he only offers things going forward. And further (different section of posters, obviously) that Clichy offers nothing whatsoever going forward. Neither happens to be true, stated as baldly as that. One certainty: Kolarov can take a mean free kick. I've seen no evidence that Clichy can, but then he's never chosen to. It would be nice if people could report what's in front of their very eyes. Whichever one's chosen, we will very likely win on Sunday, and if not, we get a draw. Anything else would be more than City cock-up, it would be the most cataclysmic surprise in the entire history of the Premiership (by the way, it's not like QPR, for several reasons that I won't go into, that's another debate).

Lavinda Past said:
blueincy said:
Lavinda Past said:

At what point am I slagging anybody? I think that Clichy is a good player who has played his part this season and thoroughly deserves his medal. However, I believe he's overrated by many fans. I would never pick him ahead of Kolarov.

Chill out incy...It's my opinion - I've got loads of them. Some you'll agree with, most you won't. Get used to it.

Sorry thought you said In my opinion, Gael Clichy is the most overrated player currently at City. Didn't think you said I believe he's overrated by many fans Silly me I'm off to chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.