West Ham Pre-Match Thread... Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't buy all this worrying shit!! We are a more professional outfit than we've ever been and will do the job properly tomorrow calmly and collectively. It's another game, another performance.

I'm really not sure how well I will sleep tonight. It feels weird to be here again, it all resting on one final game

Re: a thread for pessimistic Blues to discuss tomorrow...

pardoe said:
I hope this thread is taken the right way by other supporters who might no longer be able to share the mindset of an old-school Manchester City fan for who failures were etched on the brain. Typical City, Cityitis, call it what you will, i for one was brought up expecting us to fall flat on our faces whenever possible. In 25 years of supporting City i've never expected us to win a game. I've never even thought we would. Not once, if memory serves, have i experienced positive butterflies in my stomach ahead of a game, even when we've been at home, post takeover, against teams at the other end of the table. It's not in my DNA to get overconfident, or to even expect. If anything can go wrong then is surely will, and of course for many years it did.

I can't shake the thought that we'll balls up tomorrow. That we'll somehow contrive to give the game to a West Ham side with little to play for, and in turn hand the title to Liverpool on a plate. There's no real logic behind my thoughts, just sheer panic that we'll somehow concede the league at the latest, most painful (for us), funniest (for non-City fans) moment, when it's all but in the bag. The fact that our season could be deemed a failure (wrongly, in my opinion) based on one moment scares the living daylights out of me.

I'll apologise in advance to the City supporters who find this sort of Schindler-like mindset annoying and dated, but for me the self-depricating doom mongering of Blues was part of what made me fall in love with the club, and if we ever lose that altogether than it'd be a shame. I understand how it does no good, but it's hard to leave behind, and i hope people can appreciate that at the root of any obsessive cynic's killjoying is the deeply engrained fear of the team he/she loves falling short.

Very, very nervous.
Understand this, my first match was the 1955 Cup Final so I had to get used to disappointment early on. But this is a different City from the bad years, different even from when they nearly threw it away against QPR. They're more focused and tighter as a team than two years ago, and they will be 100% up for this tomorrow every man and every second of the game.

mscenterh750 said:
bobmcfc said:
I'm really not sure how well I will sleep tonight. It feels weird to be here again, it all resting on one final game
I've just had two of my wife's arthritis pills and 4 cans of cider, that will do the trick for me!.

Lol

Do we think pellers will go one up top and pack the midfield again? Anything besides a defeat wins the title!

Do not go on RAWK. It is beyond twuntish on there just now. You only have to read the thread titles, which is all I did.

richards30 said:
Do we think pellers will go one up top and pack the midfield again? Anything besides a defeat wins the title!
Not necessarily , you've been listening too much to Rodgers

Clean sheet please, Joe (and yes, I've forgiven you for Chelsea!) and we're the Champ14ns!

Can't see the Dippers putting 13 past the Toon (even with the 96 sucking the ball towards the Toon's goal!)

Pam said:
Do not go on RAWK. It is beyond twuntish on there just now. You only have to read the thread titles, which is all I did.
Now I'm going to have to go on rawk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.