West Ham Pre-Match Thread... Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All will be good folks, hopefully an early goal or 2 will ease the nerves, and you'll be able to enjoy it without having several heart attacks a minute. Good luck, I think you'll be fine.... 3-1

woolleyback blue said:
FFS will you lot man up and top acting like the worlds biggest gathering of big girls blouses.

Carroll is more likely to get sent off than score the way he blunders around. Downing couldn't cross the bloody road. We're playing a team against whom this season, we set a record for most one sided League cup semi combined score.

All this crap the players and Fat Sam are spouting is just whistling in the dark.

Our boys have been here before and know the way to do it. OK they gave us all heart attacks last time but it won't happen this time.

Enjoy tomorrow. There are going to be plenty more days like that coming along.

No its not overconfidence. I felt exactly the same when we had to play Stoke in the FA cup final.

Yes I know but were City, we DON'T DO EASY. It's nerves, apprehension and sheer terror at the thought of someone cocking this up.

FFs less than 24 hrs i can't fuckin wait!!!!!!!!! my team wil be

hart
zabba-kompany-mdm-kolarov

ferna-yaya

silva-aguero-nasri

dzeko

4-0 win with us breaking the record and piss off the fuckers at looserpool GO CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can tell how nervous some blues are when we start to discuss the art and science behind wiping ones ass after having a sh*t...

Tomorrow we have to be loud and proud from Minute 1 to the 90+

Our players need it and will thrive off it like they did vs. Villa! Come on you blues!

*scratches head - Now wondering how to stay motivated for another 21 hours*

Given that there is so much at stake for this game, my confidence level is low. Very low. I take comfort from the fact that West Ham are shit and have nothing to play for, but I just know City are going to put me through it tomorrow.

MihaiCity said:
FFs less than 24 hrs i can't fuckin wait!!!!!!!!! my team wil be

hart
zabba-kompany-mdm-kolarov

ferna-yaya

silva-aguero-nasri

dzeko

4-0 win with us breaking the record and piss off the fuckers at looserpool GO CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be Clichy in place of kola

My prediction is 6-1.

We will be 2 up after 15 mins, take it easy after that, and then annihilate them in the last 20.

SuperSilva said:
You can tell how nervous some blues are when we start to discuss the art and science behind wiping ones ass after having a sh*t...

Tomorrow we have to be loud and proud from Minute 1 to the 90+

Our players need it and will thrive off it like they did vs. Villa! Come on you blues!

*scratches head - Now wondering how to stay motivated for another 21 hours*

Theres another exciting episode of " the fat lady hasnt sung just yet".. in the morning,try to contain yourself mind..

Re: a thread for pessimistic Blues to discuss tomorrow...

pardoe said:
I hope this thread is taken the right way by other supporters who might no longer be able to share the mindset of an old-school Manchester City fan for who failures were etched on the brain. Typical City, Cityitis, call it what you will, i for one was brought up expecting us to fall flat on our faces whenever possible. In 25 years of supporting City i've never expected us to win a game. I've never even thought we would. Not once, if memory serves, have i experienced positive butterflies in my stomach ahead of a game, even when we've been at home, post takeover, against teams at the other end of the table. It's not in my DNA to get overconfident, or to even expect. If anything can go wrong then is surely will, and of course for many years it did.

I can't shake the thought that we'll balls up tomorrow. That we'll somehow contrive to give the game to a West Ham side with little to play for, and in turn hand the title to Liverpool on a plate. There's no real logic behind my thoughts, just sheer panic that we'll somehow concede the league at the latest, most painful (for us), funniest (for non-City fans) moment, when it's all but in the bag. The fact that our season could be deemed a failure (wrongly, in my opinion) based on one moment scares the living daylights out of me.

I'll apologise in advance to the City supporters who find this sort of Schindler-like mindset annoying and dated, but for me the self-depricating doom mongering of Blues was part of what made me fall in love with the club, and if we ever lose that altogether than it'd be a shame. I understand how it does no good, but it's hard to leave behind, and i hope people can appreciate that at the root of any obsessive cynic's killjoying is the deeply engrained fear of the team he/she loves falling short.

Very, very nervous.
Good read Pardoe and know what you mean
I too don't like being over confident and am in the hope for the best expect the worst club,at times.
though I'm not as bad as I used to be,just accept now that this team will win us trophys over the coming years,not a bad
feeling to have,is it ?
Must admit though I feel more nervous about the match tomorrow than I did two seasons ago going into the final game,
I didn't feel any nerves in the build up at all then.
Anyway
COME ON CITY !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.