West Ham Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mosssideblue said:
Its interesting the amount of rightful abuse Yaya got for yesterdays performance and now it seems he is forgiven as many have him in their starting line up.

Which is it then lads?

I wouldn't have him in the squad for this weekend
I don,t think the hammers have much to play for so there is a chance for him to look better in this game. Play Yaya to sell Yaya. If he was dropped now the price we might get would plummet and if he was to be seen again it is unlikely he would make any effort and thus impression at all. Play him in front of midfielders who can get up and down the field. Accept that he can't get back and just try and benefit from his passing ability, the odd charge forward and any set pieces he can try to convert.

mosssideblue said:
Its interesting the amount of rightful abuse Yaya got for yesterdays performance and now it seems he is forgiven as many have him in their starting line up.

Which is it then lads?

Noble and Nolan will just be too much for him to handle.

IMO MP should have been relieved of his position and let Viera take charge for the last few games, because we will see exactly the same shit again! As for Yaya, I'd make that lazy **** play and travel with the reserves for the rest of the season. His display( or lack of it) was a complete disgrace and unprofessional.

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
mosssideblue said:

Which is it then lads?

I don,t think the hammers have much to play for so there is a chance for him to look better in this game. Play Yaya to sell Yaya. If he was dropped now the price we might get would plummet and if he was to be seen again it is unlikely he would make any effort and thus impression at all. Play him in front of midfielders who can get up and down the field. Accept that he can't get back and just try and benefit from his passing ability, the odd charge forward and any set pieces he can try to convert.

I think our current vulnerability will give the Hammers something to go for.

I also believe his sale value is now fixed. Any serious buyers will have been courting Yaya for some time and will know what he is about. Him playing out of his skin against the hammers will not alter they opinion they have of him now or increase his value.

More than anything, we need him off the payroll. If that means selling him on the cheap, so be it

It will be predictable.

We will do the usual tippy tappy crap and then struggle to get through a 10 man defence. We will have 75% possession yet concede twice as many free kicks. We will have 8-10 corners and do fuck all with them and they will get a goal from their 1 corner. We will have 18 shots at goal with the usual great finishing of 4 only on target. They will get 3 shots only and score. We will have to get murdered in their penalty area to get anything from the Rag Taylor in charge. We will get soft yellows whilst they escape yellows for yellow offenses. We will make subs on the hour. We will just scrape a 2-1 win

I thought of a game plan where we just sit back in our own half. it is a big Sam side so they will not cross the half way line so the ball will just sit on the kick off spot for ninety minutes (plus stoppage time). It has advantages, it will be no worse than the shite I have had to watch lately. you wont miss much if you need to go for a wazz and it will not affect Yaya's 'distance covered' stats.
Seriously I would like to see the crowd get behind us for this. It pains me to say it but the Palace fans were up for it against us (they used to be a group of zombies that occasionally muttered "eagles"). I know it will not be easy after recent results and early kick offs are always a bit quiet, but I will be having Guiness for breakfast so I'll do what I can.

hertsblue said:
It will be predictable.

We will do the usual tippy tappy crap and then struggle to get through a 10 man defence. We will have 75% possession yet concede twice as many free kicks. We will have 8-10 corners and do fuck all with them and they will get a goal from their 1 corner. We will have 18 shots at goal with the usual great finishing of 4 only on target. They will get 3 shots only and score. We will have to get murdered in their penalty area to get anything from the Rag Taylor in charge. We will get soft yellows whilst they escape yellows for yellow offenses. We will make subs on the hour. We will just scrape a 2-1 win

I think most of us would take that right now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.