West Ham Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's literally no chance Yaya won't be playing as part of a 2 man midfield. He's not changed all season he's not going to start now. Half of the team will pick itself with the injurie, the only questionable choices are Sagna or zab. I think we'll see Sagna purely because Zab played last game and that's how he's based his fullback selection all season. Fernando hasn't played for a bit and fernandinho has played well recently. therefore we're likely to see Fernando partner Yaya in midfield. Silva will play, Aguero will play then it's 2 from 3 between Nasri Navas and Dzeko. Expect Navas to play because he's fast and we need pace in the team despite the fact Navas or the team as a whole utilise his pace in any way shape or form. Then it's a toss up for the final place, nasri or Dzeko? both have been as ineffective as each other for the majority of the season so it makes little difference but seeing as Kolarov will be playing and he's the only guy in the entire team who can/will put a decent cross in to the box i'm going with logic and predicting... Nasri.

So based on what i perceive Pellegrini's thought process to be like, i think we'll see something like this.

----------------Hart

Sagna--MDM--Mangala--Kolarov

Navas--Fernando--Yaya--Nasri

----------------Silva

-------------Aguero

ninjamonkey said:
There's literally no chance Yaya won't be playing as part of a 2 man midfield. He's not changed all season he's not going to start now. Half of the team will pick itself with the injurie, the only questionable choices are Sagna or zab. I think we'll see Sagna purely because Zab played last game and that's how he's based his fullback selection all season. Fernando hasn't played for a bit and fernandinho has played well recently. therefore we're likely to see Fernando partner Yaya in midfield. Silva will play, Aguero will play then it's 2 from 3 between Nasri Navas and Dzeko. Expect Navas to play because he's fast and we need pace in the team despite the fact Navas or the team as a whole utilise his pace in any way shape or form. Then it's a toss up for the final place, nasri or Dzeko? both have been as ineffective as each other for the majority of the season so it makes little difference but seeing as Kolarov will be playing and he's the only guy in the entire team who can/will put a decent cross in to the box i'm going with logic and predicting... Nasri.

So based on what i perceive Pellegrini's thought process to be like, i think we'll see something like this.

----------------Hart

Sagna--MDM--Mangala--Kolarov

Navas--Fernando--Yaya--Nasri

----------------Silva

-------------Aguero

I think this will be the team Pellegrini picks aswell but I can't help but feel this is our best front 6

Fernando - Fernandinho

Nasri - Touré - Silva

Aguero

West Ham has nothing to play for and also not a good form. Time to secure the top 4 before planing for the next season

well clearly it is a must win and the board believe that Pellegrini is still the man (if he ever was)

we will see

What on earth do we do in training? Just two weeks ago MP said he had a FULL fit first team squad. We now have five injured and at least two of them haven't played in the EPL since the international break.

I was disappointed to see that injury list because I wanted Yaya benched just to give him a wake-up call. And I don't want Dzeko to start either as he has been a waste of a shirt in far too many games.

It's a pity the youngsters have a crucial game on Monday as it would have been an ideal opportunity to get a couple of them into the match day squad.

citymad said:
Sergio Picasso Aguero said:
Milner is injured. We have a chance.

Yeh right, let's lose one of our most hard working and under rated players.

Some people really do underestimate milner...they expect him to be a skillful player but don't realise most of the time he plays and we score he's more likely to be involved in the build up, rags last week being a good example.

Had a quick look at newsnow before I came on here, and the angle on City this morning was City suffer massive blow, and Liverpool huge boost as Kompany ruled out. Yet amongst City fans it's hardly created a ripple.

Kompany to his credit has really tried in the last few weeks and you can tell he's hurting (about time cos he'd switched off imo) but his game has been poor. We wont miss him, and Mangala will be a set piece threat.

In the past Kolarov was the equal of Clichy but I wouldn't play him now. I wouldn't trust any of the Dzeko, Kolarov, Jovetic group. It's been made clear that certain players are surplus to requirements through so many ways that I would not blame them if they felt disillusioned.

---------------------------Hart
Sagna-------Demichelis----Mangala------Zabaleta
------------------Fernandinho--Yaya
---------Navas----------Silva---------Nasri
-------------------------Aguero

I'd play Yaya because we'll have 75% possession and he can switch the game. He wont have to run. It's when he has to track back and work we have a problem

Pellegrini might play Kolarov and Dzeko. You never know what you are going to get from them. If they are up for it, they could make the difference but Zabaleta and Aguero playing in his best position is more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.