West Ham Thread 14/15

What's all this bollocks about new TV money? Everybody gets that, so relative to everyone else West Ham won't have any more money to spend.

With the new TV money, Premiership clubs will have more income than 95% of European clubs.

Probably only the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern will have higher income than Premiership teams now.

With the new TV money, Premiership clubs will have more income than 95% of European clubs.

Probably only the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern will have higher income than Premiership teams now.

but the new Prem TV Money doesn't kick in till 2016/17, so they're on the current TV money next season, not that that deprives of transfer spends.

but the new Prem TV Money doesn't kick in till 2016/17, so they're on the current TV money next season, not that that deprives of transfer spends.

Yeah that's true.

It kicks in the same summer as West Ham move to the Olympic Stadium I think.

That will certainly be an interesting summer for them.

But it isn't just West Ham getting it. Southampton, Everton, Swansea and indeed the rest of the PL gets it, so they won't have any more money than their rivals than now. And those are the teams they'll be competing with, not the rest of Europe!

But it isn't just West Ham getting it. Southampton, Everton, Swansea and indeed the rest of the PL gets it, so they won't have any more money than their rivals than now. And those are the teams they'll be competing with, not the rest of Europe!

Yeah not a huge advantage over their domestic rivals, although the OS should help that.

But in the European market? Huge advantage. Should be able to offer bigger wages than 95% of European teams.

The stadium will be key to West Ham becoming a much bigger club. The size and location of the Olympic Stadium means there's a lot of potential there.

West Ham will become a financial force once they get in the money from having corporate boxes and London ticket prices in the Olympic stadium, that along with the new TV deal will separate them from the likes of Southampton, Everton and Swansea quite significantly in my opinion.

West Ham will become a financial force once they get in the money from having corporate boxes and London ticket prices in the Olympic stadium, that along with the new TV deal will separate them from the likes of Southampton, Everton and Swansea quite significantly in my opinion.

They will indeed. They'll have at least a 2 year head start over Spurs in terms of benefitting from a larger capacity stadium as well - if I was a Spurs fan I'd be very worried about West Ham's potential over the next few years. Just need to make sure they stay up next season to reap the rewards.

The new TV money makes them more interesting for a takeover as well, especially with the relaxing of FFP. So all in all, a good couple of years coming up for teams like West Ham, Villa ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.