West Ham Thread 14/15

I don't get the link with Bilic bar there fact he is an ex-player.

He seems a decent manager but nothing spectacular in my opinion.

If the club want this attacking entertaining football that the fans seem to demand then your man is Bielsa.

Bielsa is quite controversial though and a real handful for any chairman, do the owners want that sort of manager?

If West Ham got Bielsa then they will be playing some of the best football in the league by Christmas in my opinion.
And then after Christmas they'll collapse and finish mid-table! ;)

De Boer would be a brilliant appointment for a West Ham.

With the new TV money, new big stadium and their location, West Ham have loads of potential.

It's not impossible for them to get to Spurs/Everton level in a couple years.

Emery? Wow.

Thought Real Madrid should have gone for him rather than Benitez. That'd be huge for West Ham.

Emery would be great for them, wonder how much the owners plan to back their new manager financially, with the new tv money a premier league club can pretty much outspend all but the epite European clubs now

Lots of talk about playing the 'West Ham' way , what exactly does that mean ?

What's all this bollocks about new TV money? Everybody gets that, so relative to everyone else West Ham won't have any more money to spend.

West Ham are very much like we were in the past. Great club, always dreaming of turning the corner and getting back into the big time, but then falling by the wayside.
I think our move to the COMS was a 'sensible' move in terms of size, but West Ham's move is more complicated. It's obviously a very prestigious stadium and very impressive, but it's a hell of an upgrade for them, and it may prove to be a little too big for them. With success, they could probably manage to fill it, but with mediocrity they will struggle.

The current owners at West Ham simply don't have the money to offer a credible attempt to be anything more than mid-table (at best), but with new owners that could all change.

I like them, a lot (West Ham, not the owners), but I fear for them.

Why would you fear for them? They are moving out of a stadium, that despite being nostalgic, is holding them back. The Olympic stadium will help them capitalise on the corporate market in London, better transport routes for regular supporters AND cheaper tickets for fans. The point you're making about the move being too big of an upgrade for them is ludicrous.

Relegation wouldn't be a massive problem either. Put it this way, playing in the Olympic Stadium would make them so financially strong that they would be able to invest comfortably more than any other championship team.

As soon as the start playing at the OS they will be on a few billionaires' radar, especially when the FFP rules are loosened.

They are going to be the next Chelsea/Us and good luck to them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.