West Ham Thread 14/15

to a safe mid table side who could have challenged for European places.

Allardyce's stubbornness is the reason they missed out on a European place. He's an odious **** who quite frankly I'm happy is out of a job. Got nothing against West Ham, despite how obnoxious the owners are. Hopefully they get a decent manager and crash the top 7 with Southampton and Swansea.

Allardyce's stubbornness is the reason they missed out on a European place. He's an odious **** who quite frankly I'm happy is out of a job. Got nothing against West Ham, despite how obnoxious the owners are. Hopefully they get a decent manager and crash the top 7 with Southampton and Swansea.
The owners sum up the fanbase. Taking credit when they were winning, blaming the manager when they were shit.

Can't wait for their long list of top names to dwindle down to Harry Redknapp.

West Ham have to think big going into the new stadium because with the new TV deal and the money they will attract from the corporate boxes and increased ticket sales in the Olympic Stadium by being in London will make them one of financial powers in football.

They could use this as advertisement to get a big name manager liked Bielsa or Klopp.

They made Allardyce one of the top 10 best paid managers in the world when they were in the Championship and I imagine will happily make Klopp or Bielsa that too.

West Ham has huge potential going into that new stadium and with the timing of the new TV rights deal it could be a very exciting new era for West Ham fans.

West Ham have to think big going into the new stadium because with the new TV deal and the money they will attract from the corporate boxes and increased ticket sales in the Olympic Stadium by being in London will make them one of financial powers in football.

They could use this as advertisement to get a big name manager liked Bielsa or Klopp.

They made Allardyce one of the top 10 best paid managers in the world when they were in the Championship and I imagine will happily make Klopp or Bielsa that too.

West Ham has huge potential going into that new stadium and with the timing of the new TV rights deal it could be a very exciting new era for West Ham fans.
Not if their first season there is in the Championship.

The owners sum up the fanbase. Taking credit when they were winning, blaming the manager when they were shit.

Can't wait for their long list of top names to dwindle down to Harry Redknapp.

Fuck me, you have a real hard on when it comes to slagging West Ham. Not sure what your beef with them is, but I've always found them to be the most down to earth of all the London clubs. We have a lot in common with them and I would be delighted to see them back in the big time.

Not convinced with Bilic but if they get one of the other three they will go places.

Fair play to West Ham for aiming high.

They'll end up with Bilic or Bielsa in my opinion.

De Boer seems to be linked with clubs like us on a consistent basis, so not sure why he'd go to West Ham - they've got potential but his stock is at his highest now, he may not get another opportunity like this. Same goes for Klopp and Unai Emery. Klopp is taking a sabbatical and Emery will either stay put or end up at AC Milan (not exactly a good move but.... 'istree as our Scouse friends would say).

As for Bilic and Bielsa they've both gone down in stock somewhat recently. Bilic hasn't really impressed since his Croatia job, with his stints in Russia (was it Lokomotiv?) and at Besiktas but seems to constantly be linked with Premier League; plus he's a former West Ham player so I could see that. Again Bielsa although he started really well at Marseille, as usual his squad has died and they missed out on the Champions League when they were challenging for the league around Christmas - It'd be interesting to see what he'd do at West Ham, as I imagine there's some players in that squad he'd really like.

But good on West Ham, to be big you've got to aim big. It'll certainly be interesting to keep an eye on them next season that's for sure.

They'll end up with Bilic or Bielsa in my opinion.

De Boer seems to be linked with clubs like us on a consistent basis, so not sure why he'd go to West Ham - they've got potential but his stock is at his highest now, he may not get another opportunity like this. Same goes for Klopp and Unai Emery. Klopp is taking a sabbatical and Emery will either stay put or end up at AC Milan (not exactly a good move but.... 'istree as our Scouse friends would say).

As for Bilic and Bielsa they've both gone down in stock somewhat recently. Bilic hasn't really impressed since his Croatia job, with his stints in Russia (was it Lokomotiv?) and at Besiktas but seems to constantly be linked with Premier League; plus he's a former West Ham player so I could see that. Again Bielsa although he started really well at Marseille, as usual his squad has died and they missed out on the Champions League when they were challenging for the league around Christmas - It'd be interesting to see what he'd do at West Ham, as I imagine there's some players in that squad he'd really like.

But good on West Ham, to be big you've got to aim big. It'll certainly be interesting to keep an eye on them next season that's for sure.

I don't get the link with Bilic bar there fact he is an ex-player.

He seems a decent manager but nothing spectacular in my opinion.

If the club want this attacking entertaining football that the fans seem to demand then your man is Bielsa.

Bielsa is quite controversial though and a real handful for any chairman, do the owners want that sort of manager?

If West Ham got Bielsa then they will be playing some of the best football in the league by Christmas in my opinion.

West Ham are very much like we were in the past. Great club, always dreaming of turning the corner and getting back into the big time, but then falling by the wayside.
I think our move to the COMS was a 'sensible' move in terms of size, but West Ham's move is more complicated. It's obviously a very prestigious stadium and very impressive, but it's a hell of an upgrade for them, and it may prove to be a little too big for them. With success, they could probably manage to fill it, but with mediocrity they will struggle.

The current owners at West Ham simply don't have the money to offer a credible attempt to be anything more than mid-table (at best), but with new owners that could all change.

I like them, a lot (West Ham, not the owners), but I fear for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.