West Ham United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

City are a phenomenal team and Erling Haaland is one player who is literally a phenomenon. We have played 3 games, he has scored in them all and he has 2 hat tricks in consecutive games! And he won the golden boot in each of his 2 seasons in the English game! We would be forgiven for thinking that the statistics of his exploits are lifted from the career of Roy of the Rovers - the only one he hasn't matched yet is that of a hat trick in the last minute of a world cup final - but he is scoring with a regularity and at a rate which hasn't been matched in England in a century. In two years time it will be 100 years since the great Dixie Dean helped himself to 60 in a season. That might be a bit much even for Erling but if he carries on at this rate Dixie will be joined by our lad as the GOATS of the English game.

As for the game yesterday I was mightily impressed by our overall performance: it was confident, composed and smooth - it reflected perfectly the personality of our manager! And WHU are a very good team, certainly a team I like. They carry a real threat up front, defend well and are dangerous on the counter. But yesterday, for much of the game they simply could not get the ball. A very good day for City, but as our striking Viking reminded us, there are 35 (league) games left.

I thought Jack was the unsung hero in yesterday's game. He was pivotal in the build up to 2 of the goals and is efficient and controlled when in possession. He often gets stick but his end product is often better than Doku's' despite Doku looking much more exciting on the face of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.