West Ham United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

It’s good to be Blue and I agree with all, but I note with interest…and a chuckle…how our cup runneth over!

In the first half of your post, you mentioned the team in superlative terms, noting a list of players we have yet to see make any real contribution, and saying how scary we will be when everyone is fit and firing.

Excellent! BUT, even more noteworthy is that you nailed it WITHOUT EVEN MENTIONING THE 2023/24 CLEAN SWEEP POTY, PHIL FODEN!!!

Imagine…this perfect start to the season has been made, with City looking in late season form, WITHOUT RODRI, FODEN & STONES, not to mention Walker, Ake and, sadly, our best pre-season player being out until Christmas!!!

Teams should be scared…very scared! We look like we can dominate games in 2nd gear, and then turn it up when needed. That’s a scary proposition for teams that already felt like they were chasing shadows.
I think the VERY scary thing is few saw what's unfolding before us coming.

I expected our usual early season rustiness & struggles, but essentially without Julian, Foden, Walker, Aké, Stones, Rodders & with Bobb being injured, I never expected this kind of start from us.

This is the best Erling Haaland of his career, in the hardest league in the world. KDB & Bernardo have continued their mastery.

Also being honest, who the fuck would've ever thought Mateo Kovavic would make City fans think "Rodri who"?

I'm glad it's not just me sensing there's something extraordinary in the offing, BUT just imagine what opposition fans must be thinking? They daren't accuse us of buying our way to success, because we've barely spent £35m in total this window.

We've achieved it all under Guardiola, BUT the fact we're all sensing something even more magical is appearing before our very eyes, is making this season feel like one where we're in with a good chance to do it all for the first time ever.

That grin he can't help shows Pep has the same feelings too! :-)

Rodri, Foden and Gundogan. The former two are firm starters and two of the best players in the league, Gundo is a wonderful player and a leader to boot.

Walker, Stones and Ake will be starters in some periods and on the bench in other periods. Fantastic options to have but not necessarily better than Rico, Akanji/Dias and Gvardiol. Pep will rotate them more than Rodri and Foden who are expected to be fundamental again.
Not in the starting eleven yesterday - Walker, Ake, Stones, Rodrigo, Savinho, Foden, Bobb

I expected our usual early season rustiness & struggles, but essentially without Julian, Foden, Walker, Aké, Stones, Rodders & with Bobb being injured, I never expected this kind of start from us.

This is the best Erling Haaland of his career, in the hardest league in the world. KDB & Bernardo have continued their mastery.

Also being honest, who the fuck would've ever thought Mateo Kovavic would make City fans think "Rodri who"?

I'm glad it's not just me sensing there's something extraordinary in the offing, BUT just imagine what opposition fans must be thinking? They daren't accuse us of buying our way to success, because we've barely spent £35m in total this window.

We've achieved it all under Guardiola, BUT the fact we're all sensing something even more magical is appearing before our very eyes, is making this season feel like one where we're in with a good chance to do it all for the first time ever.

I am in North London all i hear is..we got Nasri..Clichy..Adebayour. off them (bloody Arsenal) through dodgy funds ..that helped build the foundations that made it appealing to Pep to come. Rest is history, so we will never legitimately claim to be in a net spend positive as we have apparently cheated to get the quality er have over 15 years plus so it skews recent activity. Fair point IF proven guilty.

Last edited:
Just watched the extended highlights and focused on Rico’s 2v1 last man defending again…

And realised it was actually 3v1 last man defending and he literally could not have done a better job.

They didn’t score what looked a certain equaliser because of how he positioned, then repositioned, and then repositioned again whilst sprinting back toward his own goal.

I really have no idea how people can claim he is a poor defender.
I think if an attacker gets a shot/cross/pass off people automatically go to “the defender is weak.” But, that’s going to happen to even the best defender. Especially on the outside, even just slowing the attackers down enough, so the other defenders can get into place/organized has tremendous benefit. Our defenders rarely commit with “showy” defending on the outside and I imagine that is at Peps direction.

Brilliant win but I really wish we would bring in a decent set piece coach. Kevs corners were pretty poor and even our 3rd goal, their break just before it was us not being able to keep the ball from our own throw in.
We get so so many set pieces and could do so much more from them
The corner Kev nearly scored from with a near post shot was rehearsed, I’d say. Nearly worked too except for a brilliant save.
Another six inches left of the keeper and he wasn’t reaching that.

Only three games in though. Let’s not get too giddy.
We are giving up chances that the likes of Lv or Arsenal would most likely punish.

But it’s great to watch. Seeing the likes of Lewis, Doku, and some other kids off the bench shining and Kovacic too. Its a pity about the injuries to the likes of Bobb and Savinho as they were grasping their chance in the team too.

Sharpest start to a season for us that I’ve seen for a long time.

I am in north london all i hear is..we got Nasri..Clichy..Adebayour. off them (bloody Arsenal) through dodgy funds ..thst helped build the foundations that made it appealing to Pep to come. Rest is history, so we will never legitimately claim to be in a net spend positive as we have apparently cheated to gett the quality er have over 15 years plus so it skews recent activity. Fair point IF proven guilty.
Aside from Nasri, Wenger was happy to offload Adebayor, Touré & Clichy to City, as they were surplus to requirements & Adebayor was considered more grief than he was worth.

The Gooners were more than happy to take our money & unload their b-list players onto us, so they can't say fuck all. It's not like there was a series of mega heists, & out of the Blue, City appeared with Bi££ions burning a hole in our pocket.

We didn't Rob a bank. We won the lottery & landed the best Football Club owner probably in the history of the game.

Like Everton with Lescott & Rodwell, Villa with Barry & Milner, & Sunderland with Johnson etc, all these clubs happily allowed us to take their players for top dollar thinking they by far had the better end of the bargain, but little did they realise the effect our squad building with England B footballers would have on English & European football.

Fuck the lot of them, & they can shove their FFP/PSR bollocks up their arses too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.