West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

Zinchenko was absolutely embarrassing to watch it was almost self sabotage like. He was getting beat in pretty much every way on the 1v1 in the air, on ground, in duals fighting to keep the ball, passing was off too. Laporte had to cover for him and ferna. Simply being a hard worker isn’t good enough for our club, that is the prerequisite, still i love the guy but think it might be best for all parties to part ways
Zinchenko wasn't quite on it today but he still had quite a good game.
His head never dropped and he showed for the ball.
Against Wolves he was close to being motm.
You could call De Bruyne out for being a bit off colour today, but no, Zinchenko is is the whipping boy (or Mahrez).
If he's good enough for Pep to give him the nod, that's good enough for me.
Get 100% behind the team- the lads need it and deserve it.
Look where we are with 90min to go.

Very strange tactics today and team selection. A point was all we needed given the injuries. Yet, we forced the game. At 2-2 Pep still waiving everyone forward leaving us wide open. But having got ourselves into trouble we got ourself out if it. Almost like Jack said second half I’m playing to my strengths from now on and drove us forwards, that lad did not want to lose his first medal. I would have taken a point before the game. I find the pre-match funnier than the match thread. I saw 3-0, 4-0, 6-1. Some now predicting daft results for the villa game, never learn. As the players said from 93.20 the pressure does get to you, but hopefully Kevin will get us over the line.

Zinchenko wasn't quite on it today but he still had quite a good game.
His head never dropped and he showed for the ball.
Against Wolves he was close to being motm.

You could call De Bruyne out for being a bit off colour today, but no, Zinchenko is is the whipping boy (or Mahrez).
If he's good enough for Pep to give him the nod, that's good enough for me.
Get 100% behind the team- the lads need it and deserve it.
Look where we are with 90min to go.
Spot on mate. Zinc was up against a great player in Bowen.

So was the one in the first half on Jesus, but they didn't give that.

And not only that, but they actually gave us a penalty in the 85th minute of a crunch game and you're still calling corruption! Hahaha.
The one in the first half could have been given, but to not give two in the game would have been BLATANT. They didn't really have a choice at that point. I think if the first incident hadn't have happened they could have easily ignored the one on 85 minutes. They didn't and we missed.

Just home after the game and still annoyed. Two points dropped. Hammers are europa conference level and had to give minutes to a crying noble. Obvs we had the chance to win it but crazy to be in that situation in the first place. Antonio had a week off and was always gonna bully Ferna. Confident we will do the job anyway but made it more difficult for ourselves.

If you had only just started watching football you'd be convinced that Moyes should be given a chance at United. I think he was given a proper poisoned chalice at United surrounded by absolute snakes like Evra, who Pep has murdered this week, and I've always had a soft spot for him so he's glad he's getting respect at West Ham.
Totally agree mate. Let's be honest, not even Pep or Klopp could've carried on what Ferguson had done there - whoever came in was always going to struggle. Moyes had a once-in-a-lifetime chance and took it - who wouldn't! However, he never truly looked comfortable. He couldn't shake off thinking he was managing plucky Everton.

To be fair to him, every day he had Fergie turning up pissed up telling him what to do, Bryan Robson coming in pissed up telling him what to do, Mike Phelan turning up pissed up telling him there's a guy at Molde who's an amazing coach, Bobby Charlton telling him about the old days etc - I bet Moyes didn't get a minute to do his job!!

He did a brilliant job at Everton. If he'd not been the manager before, I'm sure he'd be in with a chance. However, I don't think Moyes is a top 4 manager, he's too limited in his approach. The way he played today was great for West Ham, but he would take the exact same approach if he was managing Real, Liverpool, Juventus etc - he can't get past that. There's no disgrace in that though, let's be honest he's up against the finest managers of the era (Pep and Klopp), and the rest like Tuchel, Conte and of course THE greatest manager ever Rangnick :) finishing outside this group is no disgrace at all.

Why aren’t Peps assistants and the analyst team telling pep that when u play a 37 year old midfielder in CB and u have a pace and power player like Antonio running at u it would cause problems? Don’t need to be a genius to figure it out. Either that or they are a bunch of yes men.

So what was the alternative? Ake isn't fit obviously, and Antonio would have bullied any of our up and coming youngsters.

Antonio is a beast, on the plus side, Haaland is an even bigger beast, I can't wait for next season

Anybody on here not happy to have it in our own hands with one home game to play should give your head a wobble
the fact we had to dig so deep in the 2nd half still to have it in our own court speaks volumes, so well done to the boys,

also, i feared city having it in the so-called bank if we won, and we could have turned off vs villa and playing out a boring draw only for them to score on the break and with liverpool winning 6.0 vs wolves going with Liverpool thumping Southampton midweek and city would be facing needing a result better than Liverpool

i always feel better city having to win a game than looking over our shoulders at others
I always feel better when City need to win a game, but what chance the Villa game is a mirror of the one today. I would have thought before hand that the difficult game would be the Newcastle one and not the West Ham one! But, it just goes to show, who can predict a football game, one way or the other?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.