• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ortega
Walker Dias Akanji Gvardiol
Rodri Kovacic
Bernardo KDB Foden
Haaland

If Kev isn't fit, I'd probably start Julian or Jack.
Kev had an interview yesterday or Wednesday and said he's fine so hopefully he's good to go Sunday.

This has to be the team also, I'm very surprised at reading so many line ups that don't have Kovacic in it. We look much more assured in midfield when he plays.

I imagine it'll be the same starting XI as against Spurs, barring any unexpected injuries. Feeling confident for this, but the QPR and Villa games show that you can't take anything for granted. West Ham have a lot of quality in forward areas, but have shipped 10 goals in their last two away games and don't really have anything to play for. Hopefully their players will already have one eye on the beach.

Wouldn't swap the experiences of the 2012 and 2022 titles for anything in the world, but would be nice to do it in a less stressful manner on Sunday!
Agreed.

We won the league at home to West Ham under Pellegrini it finished 2-0, but it was a very comfortable day.

Hopefully it's the same Sunday but a bigger scoreline.

I think most do it out of some form of reverse psychology/superstition.

There is definitely that. I do it when a close rival is playing. I say about the opposition, "They'll never score even if they played all year." Or, "No way can they hang onto that lead for the rest of the game." It worked commenting on dippers games when they were right in the title race. Well I liked to think it worked lol.

As for Sunday on paper we win the game nine times out of ten. The same as if we played that game against Real Madrid we lost on penalties, we win that game nine out of ten times. We all know that football can be like this, hence the nerves.

The universe has a way of evening things up sometimes too, which is why I hate some of our fans over confidence or arrogance at times. Tempting fate they call it. A nagging bit of me feels because we've won games last gasp that we were dead and buried in we might lose one, the universe evening things up. I pray I'm wrong of course and we're 3-0 up in the first 10 minutes and Arsenal are losing to Everton. Please God/universe!

Aint that the truth .
There is always that devil of the past constantly tapping you on the shoulder with his reminders.
Yes I would agree with that. It's the reality too, I've seen the results of overconfidence many times. Hands up all those who thought Wigan would beat us in the Cup Final having just been relegated. And then drawing them again, this time as a Championship team, I though THAT game was a 110% certainty having been embarrassed by them for the first one but we all know how that turned out.

There is definitely that. I do it when a close rival is playing. I say about the opposition, "They'll never score even if they played all year." Or, "No way can they hang onto that lead for the rest of the game." It worked commenting on dippers games when they were right in the title race. Well I liked to think it worked lol.

As for Sunday on paper we win the game nine times out of ten. The same as if we played that game against Real Madrid we lost on penalties, we win that game nine out of ten times. We all know that football can be like this, hence the nerves.

The universe has a way of evening things up sometimes too, which is why I hate some of our fans over confidence or arrogance at times. Tempting fate they call it. A nagging bit of me feels because we've won games last gasp that we were dead and buried in we might lose one, the universe evening things up. I pray I'm wrong of course and we're 3-0 up in the first 10 minutes and Arsenal are losing to Everton. Please God/universe!
If that was the case old trafford would have exploded by now and liverpool would have sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.