West Ham v City ticket prices

For those than defend price hikes on here (strangely it does happen):

Wolves were recently criticised after announcing a series of price increases for next season, including raising the cost of some tickets by 17 per cent and one category of Under-14s tickets by 176 per cent from £105 to £290.

But the Premier League club have since scrapped the plans to increase ticket prices for Under-14s and agreed to freeze the cost of adult tickets following a fan backlash.

That's why the push back against increases and just don't accept them.

Not only that seniors are over 66 rather than 65. Only West Ham and Aston Villa ( last time i looked) do this. Everyone else is 65.
Mind you if there are no concessions might as well be over 55 or any age !
Pension age has risen from 65 to 66. I’m surprised more clubs haven’t followed suit and increased the concession age in line with this.

I don’t think there’s any trends to suggest that is likely to happen. The opposite seems to be more the case.

I’ve just read a small piece from an Everton fan, talking about how just a couple of years ago, they were pushing half priced season tickets as Christmas presents. Now they apparently have tens of thousands on a waiting list.

We’re not exactly talking about a mega successful club here either, attracting a load of glory hunters.
I don’t agree. The trend is the age of the fans. It’s going up every year. Sooner or later you will see the effect when those fans stop attending.

Im not sure I believe that Everton do have a waiting list with tens of thousands. It’s a bit like our waiting list, which is basically just matchday members.

Pension age has risen from 65 to 66. I’m surprised more clubs haven’t followed suit and increased the concession age in line with this.
I’m surprised with that too. Applies in all walks of life too. Not sure why people over 60 get free prescriptions and why Londoners get free travel on buses and tubes at 60. Odd.

Not sure why people over 60 get free prescriptions
When that started women's retirement age was 60 so probably an equality thing at the time. Also as people get older they tend to need more medication so the financial cost would have been more punitive on pensioners. I suppose it could be linked to pension age now but the political cost would be a deterrent for any government.

Soon they will be putting screens in the seats like in the Civid stadiums and people from broad can rent the screen to say they were there, games going to pot, what happens if West Ham go down, won’t be able to charge those prices and less tourists.

Be well Kevin De Bruyne……..

Attachments

• IMG_0531.jpeg
    IMG_0531.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 11
When that started women's retirement age was 60 so probably an equality thing at the time. Also as people get older they tend to need more medication so the financial cost would have been more punitive on pensioners. I suppose it could be linked to pension age now but the political cost would be a deterrent for any government.
Yes agree but they cost £10bn a year! Crackers really. Only 4% of prescriptions are paid for apparently.

I used to say on here prob 10 years ago, Football will eat itself.
Absolutely crazy.
Football won’t but top flight football may do in this country. Lower league football is thriving with many refusing to watch prem football for a whole plethora of reasons.

I don’t watch city live anymore unless it’s away. Even that will probably stop soon. Hate what the game has become at the top level

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.