West Ham v City ticket prices

To be fair, I’ve been hearing this ever since Sky come into Football in the early 90’s.

PL has only ever got bigger and better imo, hence clubs can charge so much and it sells and people all over the world want a taste of it.

Do agree prices are a joke, fans should protest or boycott- until then they’ll carry on going up.
There is a simple solution. The broadcasters need packed noisy stadiums and a great product to sell. A portion of the broadcast deal should be ringfenced to allow clubs to reduce ticket prices for match-day fans. We are moving to a future where clubs will soon be selling virtual digital season tickets to overseas fans. The overall revenues will continue to rise. Football is like a global religion these days but the entertainment value is much lower without passionate matchgoing fans (as seen during Covid).

i would suggest swerving the pub as well, unless its full of Hammers.

If not at match i have a few pints then home for kick off. Always at least one gobby wanker in pub.
Spot-on. I did this through the Euros. Two pints in the pub then home to watch the game. Too many gobby wankers in the pub, mostly LFC fans or once-a-year England fans. Can't stand it.

There is a simple solution. The broadcasters need packed noisy stadiums and a great product to sell. A portion of the broadcast deal should be ringfenced to allow clubs to reduce ticket prices for match-day fans. We are moving to a future where clubs will soon be selling virtual digital season tickets to overseas fans. The overall revenues will continue to rise. Football is like a global religion these days but the entertainment value is much lower without passionate matchgoing fans (as seen during Covid).
Bang on.

Said it for decades, whatever the iteration of the game you look at since TV became obsessed by the money the Premier League can generate, they want us to turn up in our thousands to be the backdrop to their 'product' but the actual truth is they don't really want US, the oiks that have the tribal loyalties to our clubs..

If the power brokers and decision makers at the top of our national game were truly interested in looking after us fans across the Premier League, they wouldn't be forever coming up with the constant examples of half-baked ideas and policies that they do.

And that's because they treat us like sheep, time and time again..

Give it 15/20 years and I think we could see a number of premier league stadiums half empty. The prices keep going up and the next generation of fans aren’t attending. Most of the people I see for league games are 60 and over.

Contrast that to lower league teams where the crowd is full of young adults.

They'll just drop the prices again for fans to attend.

i would suggest swerving the pub as well, unless its full of Hammers.

If not at match i have a few pints then home for kick off. Always at least one gobby wanker in pub.

I never watch City out here. If it’s a big match then I’ll travel over.

Most pubs are wise enough to have a gaffer around to keep an eye on things. There were tensions in the Merseyside derby last season caused by faces I’d never seen out before.

Bang on.

Said it for decades, whatever the iteration of the game you look at since TV became obsessed by the money the Premier League can generate, they want us to turn up in our thousands to be the backdrop to their 'product' but the actual truth is they don't really want US, the oiks that have the tribal loyalties to our clubs..

If the power brokers and decision makers at the top of our national game were truly interested in looking after us fans across the Premier League, they wouldn't be forever coming up with the constant examples of half-baked ideas and policies that they do.

And that's because they treat us like sheep, time and time again..
And if the PL leaders cared about us matchgoing fans they could easily do something about ticket prices. Perhaps they could allow any subsidies provided by clubs on tickets to be taken out of the FFP rules as happens with investments for academies and stadia. The PFA could lend their support as well. But the broadcasters are really the ones with all the power. They weren't happy when Covid forced matches to be played with no crowds.

Last edited:
Give it 15/20 years and I think we could see a number of premier league stadiums half empty. The prices keep going up and the next generation of fans aren’t attending. Most of the people I see for league games are 60 and over.

Contrast that to lower league teams where the crowd is full of young adults.

I don’t think there’s any trends to suggest that is likely to happen. The opposite seems to be more the case.

I’ve just read a small piece from an Everton fan, talking about how just a couple of years ago, they were pushing half priced season tickets as Christmas presents. Now they apparently have tens of thousands on a waiting list.

We’re not exactly talking about a mega successful club here either, attracting a load of glory hunters.

Soon they will be putting screens in the seats like in the Civid stadiums and people from broad can rent the screen to say they were there, games going to pot, what happens if West Ham go down, won’t be able to charge those prices and less tourists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.