West Ham Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dan.j.mcfc said:
daxman said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
I'm not sure the superior team should ever change their style to suit the opposition, maybe if you're only playing for a point or to see an aggregate lead out, then yes maybe. But never should the superior team think about changing their style and formation/tactics to suit a lesser side, play our own game and let the opposition worry about dealing with us. I know it sounds arrogant but IMO its true, can you imagine Dortmund or Bayern changing their system against the likes of Greuther Fürth, I don't think that would ever happen. Or the likes of Barca or Madrid playing a different style because Almeria are in town.
I agree with you. I just don't think this system we currently work is the best for us.

I think once we do find the system that suits us best, then we should stick with that against any side in the prem, obviously exceptions can be made for superior European sides, Barca, Bayern, etc.
Agreed. I don't think any team in the Prem can be classed as a full step ahead of us. So if we put down a 5 mid system, it simply becomes what players to insert into the system. I think the 4141, and 4231 should form our base joint system. And then adjust it based on tactics. We really shouldn't change formations much. But tactics within the formation should be changed constantly based on every opposition. Sure, our 11 might be better than most on every night. But it is our ability to take advantage of whatever weakness they have through tactics that will put us in that top echeleon.

For example, let's say we have Barca next: What should we do?
1. Same formation: but 2-3 in the middle rather than 1-4. Why? Barca does well with possession.
2. focus on creating lots of deadball situations: Cornerkicks and freekicks into the box.
3. I'd pick the following as my 11. Hart: Kolarov, Micah, Demichelis, Nastasic, Kompany, Dihno,Navas, Silva, Yaya, Negredo.
And my reasoning is as follows:
1. I want as many players who have played Barcelona often as I can have. Navas, Negredo, Demichelis, SIlva, Yaya (to a lesser extent)
2. I want those who are most dominant on offensive cornerkicks. Micah, Komps, Kolarov, Demichelis, Nastasic and Negredo. Painfully we are missing Lescott and Garcia. If I could afford it, I'd have started them too.
3. Speed on the break. Navas, Micah, and Yaya.
4. Hustle: Kompany, DIhno, Negredo. Sadly here we'd miss Milner and Nasri.
5. And my Changes assuming no injury needs will be Milner, and Nasri for Navas and Yaya, Then I'd save the 3 for Aguero or Dzeko in the last 10 minutes if we need a goal, or for Lescott/Garcia if we need to hold.

cibaman said:
bluemc1 said:
cibaman said:
He's going to start against West Ham, CSKA or Chelsea. Which would displease you the least?

All of them, if YaYa, Sergio, Silva, Fern, are all able to play those 3 games why can't Negredo ? so as someone who is trying his best to win a game i go the old fashioned way and pick my best team,

The old fashioned way didn't require the best players to play potentially up to 38 league games, 20+ cup games and 15+ internationals in a season.

like i asked why will YaYa and others play all the games ? stoke no Aqureo no win, Villa no Aqureo no win, only time 4-4-2 looked ok v United Negredo Aqureo up top so what does he do ? brings Dzeko back v BM didnt go great did it ? see the theme dont play your best team and you run the risk, its funny how asking someone to "potentially" play 73 games of football in 10 months is meant to sound bad, how often was RVP get rested last year ?

Team I'd Play - If Rodwell is fit we could use his height and power in the box for corners and when he has played he has been very good, last year against Chelsea was my pick they couldn't handle him. Id also play Milner in CDM with him and Rodwell changing on who stays back. I'd like to see Yaya play in more attacking role as he can't track back and is lazy but one of our best players going forward so put him there with Silva and Nasri !

Richards - Lescott - Nasty - kolarov

Milner - Rodwell

Silva - Yaya - Nasri

Aguero

Another option I'd like to try out

I'd only ever play navas if Dzeko is starting and against Milan him and Jovetic seemed to work really well.

4-3-3

Richards - Lescott - Nasty - kolarov

Milner - yaya - Nasri

Navas - Dzeko - Jovetic

Duh, this weeks off between matches are annoying. Lets hope for a strong performance. My guess is 4 : 1 CITY.

Here´s something that should help you all with waiting .)
It has been taken in Turkey during the CL week when CITY were playing Plzeň.
6226560d-8a4a-4e73-8542-3c74749261ad_zpsbdcdc861.jpg

regards from CITY fan in Prague

Aichel said:
Duh, this weeks off between matches are annoying. Lets hope for a strong performance. My guess is 4 : 1 CITY.

The grass needs some attention

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Aichel said:

The grass needs some attention
Really? The grass? Lol.

Jimfv1 said:
The Chelsea game should be more open because both teams will try to play football, which means it should be a lot more open.

Have you never watched a Mourinho side play a team he knows is better? There’s more chance Allardyce will play an open, expansive game against us than that twat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.