West Ham Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next 4 games for us will be a massive test of our credentials this season.

4 away games on the bounce starting with West Ham and then away to CSKA, throw in the trip to Chelsea and then Newcastle. We have to look at taking a min 7 points from the league games and taking maximum points in Moscow

BlueMoonz1977 said:

4 away games on the bounce starting with West Ham and then away to CSKA, throw in the trip to Chelsea and then Newcastle. We have to look at taking a min 7 points from the league games and taking maximum points in Moscow

"massive" you say hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Arguably even more reason to persist with 442 (with negredo not dzeko) if west ham go 460.

442 struggled v Bayern. But it's not as simple to say 451 would have been better. (and our improvement later on was as much to do with Bayern slacking/tiring).

442 played at high tempo/pressing would stand a greater chance of success.

vintiz said:
Hope komps would be back for this game.

You cannot be serious !!!!!

2metqop.jpg

BlueMoonz1977 said:

4 away games on the bounce starting with West Ham and then away to CSKA, throw in the trip to Chelsea and then Newcastle. We have to look at taking a min 7 points from the league games and taking emaximum points in Moscow

Seeing as we play Newcastle in the cup I would be absolutely over the moon with 7 points from 2 league games. ;-)

Ducado said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:

"massive" you say hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

7 points would be some achievement, considering we only have two league games.

Edit - KK79 beat me to it ;-)

Hart
Kolorov
Vinny
Nasty
Zabba
Milner
Navas
Yaya
Silva
Nasri
Negredo

Rest Aguero as doesnt score away from home.

stony said:
John.des said:
No more mistakes can be made, we have to start winning away matches or we simply wont even reach 30 points from away matches. Thats worse than Mancini's records last two season.

Hope Pellegrini spends the next two weeks watching videos about WHU's style and he comes up with the right tactics against them. But I hoped the same in the internatonal break before the Stoke match and what we played there was really awful vs a Hughes team.

If we try to save some energy for the CSKA match well we wont come home with 3 points from London.

Hopefully no injuries in the break and also hope Kompay could be back because if he is injured for a longer time the next 4 away matches in a row could be very hard for the defence without him.

Agree with this. I don't understand the attitude that other teams should adjust to how we play. It's arrogant and a recipe for defeat. We should tailor our team and tactics towards the opposition and not expect to win purely because we have the best players.

I'm not sure the superior team should ever change their style to suit the opposition, maybe if you're only playing for a point or to see an aggregate lead out, then yes maybe. But never should the superior team think about changing their style and formation/tactics to suit a lesser side, play our own game and let the opposition worry about dealing with us. I know it sounds arrogant but IMO its true, can you imagine Dortmund or Bayern changing their system against the likes of Greuther Fürth, I don't think that would ever happen. Or the likes of Barca or Madrid playing a different style because Almeria are in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.