West Ham Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year this time...16 points (Ls against Cardiff, Vila- D against Stoke) 9th game another L against Chelsea 11th game another L against Sunderland
So winning all matches(WH (A) MU (H) QPR (A) SW (H) tiil Southampton away is very important . Makes us better and adds pressure to Mourinho.
FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS

Zabbadabba Blue said:
Markt85 said:
It's impossible to play you guys and feel confident HOWEVER is this probably the best hammers team I've seen since the 20+ years I've been going, confidence is sky high right now and I'm sure we will give you a real game. Valencia and Sakho are a real handful at the moment. Song and Noble in the middle provide work rate and get stuck in. Hoping Kayoute will be fit. Really looking forward to it and it's nice knowing even if you stuff us 5/6 - 0 I'll still walk away feeling good about this current west ham set up.

More importantly. Anyone fancy a pint ?

5 of us travelling down - Looking forward to a good match. Where's the best pub for away fans?

Not much choice im afraid, few pubs closing down with the OS looming - Duke of Edinburgh is probably best place to go ... about a 10 min walk from stadium down Green Street - seen a few away fans in there and never been a problem. Pretty big place but usually pretty busy.

For me, potentially a pivotal weekend in the title race already.

Factoring in our midweek travel and West Ham's improvement, this would be a vital and important victory.

Chelsea have the potential to drop points at United, but not if we hand them an incentive the day before.

They are playing at their maximum, and we are well down on ours.

Stick in there, and start increasing the doubts as to what more Chelsea have to do to take the pressure off themselves. Let's not do it for them.

We can't let the gap increase any more, otherwise any momentum will be gone before it has even taken hold - a bit like the 2012 season.

I expect a big response after midweek, so will take a win any which way it comes.

Markt85 said:
Zabbadabba Blue said:
Markt85 said:
It's impossible to play you guys and feel confident HOWEVER is this probably the best hammers team I've seen since the 20+ years I've been going, confidence is sky high right now and I'm sure we will give you a real game. Valencia and Sakho are a real handful at the moment. Song and Noble in the middle provide work rate and get stuck in. Hoping Kayoute will be fit. Really looking forward to it and it's nice knowing even if you stuff us 5/6 - 0 I'll still walk away feeling good about this current west ham set up.

5 of us travelling down - Looking forward to a good match. Where's the best pub for away fans?

Not much choice im afraid, few pubs closing down with the OS looming - Duke of Edinburgh is probably best place to go ... about a 10 min walk from stadium down Green Street - seen a few away fans in there and never been a problem. Pretty big place but usually pretty busy.

Was in there a couple of years ago and it did get very very busy that day. With it being an early kick off, I think we're going to get off at East Ham station and try the Wetherspoons on Barking Road for breakfast. Is it still there?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
For me, potentially a pivotal weekend in the title race already.

Factoring in our midweek travel and West Ham's improvement, this would be a vital and important victory.

Chelsea have the potential to drop points at United, but not if we hand them an incentive the day before.

They are playing at their maximum, and we are well down on ours.

Stick in there, and start increasing the doubts as to what more Chelsea have to do to take the pressure off themselves. Let's not do it for them.

We can't let the gap increase any more, otherwise any momentum will be gone before it has even taken hold - a bit like the 2012 season.

I expect a big response after midweek, so will take a win any which way it comes.

Completely agree with you there. Chelsea have flown out of the blocks but are now suffering from a few injuries that might test them slightly. Meanwhile despite what has felt like an inconsistent start, we have done pretty well considering our fixtures. Beaten Spurs and Liverpool at home, drawn with Arsenal away and Chelsea at home too. That loss to Stoke really has been a blip - but they happen during the season and we haven't lost points to our rivals this time or dropped points consistently. Ideally Chelsea lose to the rags because that will cause a stutter and I think we will beat the rags whether they are confident or not!

Markt85 said:
Zabbadabba Blue said:
Markt85 said:

Just received this email from a West Ham fan:

I’m not registered with your site but was reading the forum and the thread re: this Saturday’s match v West Ham. One of the posters suggested that your supporters should try the Duke of Edinburgh on Green Street as a place to drink pre-match but that is now closed. I wouldn’t want City fans turning up to find it’s shut when the two nearest pubs to the DofE will not allow away supporters. As an alternative a lot of away supporters drink at the Central which is on Barking Road half way between East Ham and Upton park tube stations – I would suggest that any visitors get off at East Ham and walk back towards the ground.

Hope that’s of use and feel free to post in the appropriate thread – here’s to a good game.

Ric said:
Markt85 said:
Zabbadabba Blue said:

Just received this email from a West Ham fan:

I’m not registered with your site but was reading the forum and the thread re: this Saturday’s match v West Ham. One of the posters suggested that your supporters should try the Duke of Edinburgh on Green Street as a place to drink pre-match but that is now closed. I wouldn’t want City fans turning up to find it’s shut when the two nearest pubs to the DofE will not allow away supporters. As an alternative a lot of away supporters drink at the Central which is on Barking Road half way between East Ham and Upton park tube stations – I would suggest that any visitors get off at East Ham and walk back towards the ground.

Hope that’s of use and feel free to post in the appropriate thread – here’s to a good game.

f*ck! cant believe that's gone.. doesn't feel long ago was there, quite gutted as that was a good place. - Sorry blues for that suggestion

Going to be a very tough game, we need the 3 points to apply a bit more pressure on Chelsea for their game at Old Trafford.

You can read my thoughts from a betting perspective via this link.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=407946" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=407946</a>

afternoon lads. Should be a good game on saturday- we are on a great run of form and having better fun than we've had for ages- however lets be honest-- beating QPR, Palace & Burnley isnt the same as facing ....THE CHAMPIONS!

We're a lot better in midfield- Song and Kouyate( if back) are different graaaavy, Noble & Downing playing well - and we've got much more pace and options with Valencia & Sakho up front ( rumours are Carroll might even make the bench)

My guess is that Sam will revert to type and let you have the ball, so expect a villa type game ....without the late goalsl. Having said that we roared into Liverpool and turned them over- so goals either way, I'm over 2.5 --not going to say who to, its only Thursday.

As for pubs, yes, The Duke has shut- the locals dont really drink much beer ....The Central is the away pub although The Denmark gets a few in too and they are both near the away entrance- go via East Ham.

However tell the Blazing Squad boys we will be in the Victoria Arms - as long as there's more than 4 of them.....!

Enjoy your trip

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.