West Ham Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
chicagoblues said:
Be ready for Fat Sam's classic game plan .I feel like banana skin all over again.Hope I am wrong.
City to win by at least three, Jovetic to start and score. This is a match that would suit Lampard if he were fit.

Want a reaction after that complete capitulation on Tuesday. Not expecting a rout by any means as West Ham have been quite impressive this year, however we should have enough for them.

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy
Fernando
Fernandinho
J.Navas
Milner
Silva
Aguero

Bring Yaya/Dzeko on after HT, neither of them deserve to start after their last performance.

Harsh to single out yaya and dzeko. With the exception of maybe hart and Fernando who worked his bollocks off the entire team was shite 2nd half on tues and even silva, zabba etc lost the ability to pass the ball to a blue shirt.

My view for what it's worth Fernando and Fernandinho just don't look right together as a 2. That may change. Plus Aguero should start but my view was that dzeko played better than him on tues night.
Deffo need some fresh legs in the team tomorrow - Sagna, Clichy, Fernandinho and Jovetic should all start.

Lose this and the feeling might be that retaining the title will be too much of a challenge. I would therefore be tempted to rest Eli and bring in Martin. I know Mangala is our future and has shown signs of what he can do, but there is still a naivety about him and we cannot drop points whilst he beds himself in properly.

I don't believe he is fully integrated into our style and tempo, so would give him the domestic cup games to rack the minutes up and then reintroduce him into the first team.

Just my view

mosssideblue said:
Lose this and the feeling might be that retaining the title will be too much of a challenge. I would therefore be tempted to rest Eli and bring in Martin. I know Mangala is our future and has shown signs of what he can do, but there is still a naivety about him and we cannot drop points whilst he beds himself in properly.

I don't believe he is fully integrated into our style and tempo, so would give him the domestic cup games to rack the minutes up and then reintroduce him into the first team.

Just my view
It's October. No way this is must win. Be disappointed if we don't win, but WHU away when they're in good form, after difficult mid week game with travel, might be awkward.

Chelsea are going to have a bad run at some point. Missing Remy and maybe Costa now

yatesy94 said:
Want a reaction after that complete capitulation on Tuesday. Not expecting a rout by any means as West Ham have been quite impressive this year, however we should have enough for them.

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy
Fernando
Fernandinho
J.Navas
Milner
Silva
Aguero

Bring Yaya/Dzeko on after HT, neither of them deserve to start after their last performance.

Loving the thinking of playing a team of midgets against a team team of physical giants! My team!

hart

sagna
kolarov
vinny
mangala

fernandinho
yaya
silva
milner

dzeko
aguero

yatesy94 said:

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy
Fernando
Fernandinho
J.Navas
Milner
Silva
Aguero

Loving the thinking of playing a team of midgets against a team team of physical giants! My team!

hart

sagna
kolarov
vinny
mangala

fernandinho
yaya
silva
milner

dzeko
aguero

Marvin said:
mosssideblue said:

Just my view
It's October. No way this is must win. Be disappointed if we don't win, but WHU away when they're in good form, after difficult mid week game with travel, might be awkward.

Chelsea are going to have a bad run at some point. Missing Remy and maybe Costa now

The context of the weekend makes it a must win Marv. Psychologically it'll be an enormous blow for us to go any further behind Chelsea. Shades of Mancini's last season in charge where we basically gifted the league to the rags. It's imperative that by hook or by crook we take three points because if we do - then the pressure mounts on Chelsea when they go to $old Trafford.

Mister Appointment said:
Marvin said:
mosssideblue said:

Just my view

The context of the weekend makes it a must win Marv. Psychologically it'll be an enormous blow for us to go any further behind Chelsea. Shades of Mancini's last season in charge where we basically gifted the league to the rags. It's imperative that by hook or by crook we take three points because if we do - then the pressure mounts on Chelsea when they go to $old Trafford.
Think that's overstating it a bit but a win as ever is important. I can see Aguero starting on the bench for this. Not sure what the best team would be given all the games travel, and games to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.