West Ham vs Manchester City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
K-Bo said:
Every week everyone on here wants to do two things. Drop Tevez and start Sinclair. It is very bizarre. Tevez has to start after that Swansea game, and while I'm not opposed to Sinclair starting, I think Mancini is by the looks of it.

The problem with starting Tevez is knowing where to start him. It's the same problem United had when they had Rooney and Ronaldo in their squad.

For me, Carlos is the archetypal false 9. If we are going to play him Saturday then it needs to be off Mario. But if we do that, then Yaya drops back into more of a 'holding' role. Could be the right move knowing the physicality that West Ham will bring to the match.

I'm beginning to think more and more that the natural partnerships are Aguero/Dzeko and Balo/Tevez.

!st defeat of the season and expect one of our talismen to be sent off and miss the spuds game.

Finding it quite difficult to select my side for this game

I want a side that contains Kun, Tevez and Dzeko but that leaves too much up top for an away game.

Sergio has yet to really find his feet after injury and could do with the game time but Carlos and and Edin deserve starts too.

It's difficult for me to chose but i think i will go with the dynamic duo in Kun and Tevez.

Obviously there are other areas to look at apart from up top!

Personally think that Mancini will go with the 3 CB's for this one to deal with the threat in the air but to also give us width, thus providing more space in the centre of the park where WH will surely try to clog up the midfield. For me Tevez has to play, he always plays well and usually scores against WH, Alot of people saying we need height up top, i disagree, think Tev and Sergio will be perfect for this game for getting in behind and along with nasri, the intricate passing moves. No point having say Dzeko up front to battle in the air when we play most of our football on the deck and when it is in the air, he rarely comes out on top!!!

Back 3 - MN/VK/JL
Wingbacks - PZ/JM/GC
Midfield - YT/GB
A.Midfield - SN/DS (if fit)
Strikers - CT/SA

Stick to what we know, a flat back 4 with kompany and lescott in the middle! And we need yaya playin much further up the pitch, wasted playin the holdin role in my opinion! Good to see silva back as well if he's fit, been missin that link from midfield to striker

I am expecting a physical battle and a test of our attitude towards the game. This is the game where we have to earn our right to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.