We've got enough....

A recipe for failure - rest on your laurels, basking in accomplishments past.

I think we'll win the P/L with what we have - though Pool are shoring up defensive problems and if that lends to consistency they'll challenge us for the title.

For the C/L - our side is approximately as talented as several other clubs - if we want to win the C/L, we need to improve as facing club-after-as-talented-club means that we'll likely lose out sooner or later especially in a knockout competition.
Were not resting on our laurels though are we, Mahrez has come in, Mendy will be like a new signing. Pep said he was only looking at bringing 2 players in, we will buy a DM for cover with Fern and that's it, don't know why some on here are getting there knickers in a twist, we cant do owt about other clubs spending £250m this window, we must simply work harder than last season to retain the title.

After seeing Gomez, Garcia, Foden, Diaz and Nmecha, I think we'll be ok this season.

Obviously we need to start looking for Kompany, Aguero & Merlin replacements for the coming years, but I think we're pretty nicely set.

We haven't got enough and I'm not talking about a DM either.

Who thinks, if Ederson gets injured long term, that we win the league?

We need a capable back up keeper. Bravo hasn't come to terms with the physicality of the PL and has confidence issues still.

The difference between our first choice and our back up is by far the greatest in this position.

So keep your fingers crossed because we cope very well with the loss of any other player (Pep's system sees to that)

A recipe for failure - rest on your laurels, basking in accomplishments past.

I think we'll win the P/L with what we have - though Pool are shoring up defensive problems and if that lends to consistency they'll challenge us for the title.

For the C/L - our side is approximately as talented as several other clubs - if we want to win the C/L, we need to improve as facing club-after-as-talented-club means that we'll likely lose out sooner or later especially in a knockout competition.

I'm not happy at all about our transfer business so far although there is still time to rectify.
What became clear towards the end of last season was an inability to break down well organised defences. It didn't matter in the league because we'd already won it effectively by Christmas. I think we are resting on our laurels. Mahrez is not enough.

As things stand, I would say Pool, United and Spurs have more potent front lines than us. Why haven't we done more in this area?

As you say , L'pool have shored up their defence and will not drop many points against lower sides. Thankfully, United are still being held back by Mourinho's negativity and Spurs will probably pay the price on the pitch for their 1 billion stadium spend.

I don't really comprehend our lack of transfer activity so far. Is it because of FFP rules because I can't believe that Pep is satisfied with our attack?

What became clear towards the end of last season was an inability to break down well organised defences. It didn't matter in the league because we'd already won it effectively by Christmas. I think we are resting on our laurels. Mahrez is not enough.
Haha. Fucking hell.

As things stand, I would say Pool, United and Spurs have more potent front lines than us. Why haven't we done more in this area?
Oh Christ. It gets better.

Hahahaha.

You do realise we’ve just added to a front line that scored the most goals in a single season ever?

I'm not happy at all about our transfer business so far although there is still time to rectify.

As you say , L'pool have shored up their defence and will not drop many points against lower sides. Thankfully, United are still being held back by Mourinho's negativity and Spurs will probably pay the price on the pitch for their 1 billion stadium spend.

I don't really comprehend our lack of transfer activity so far. Is it because of FFP rules because I can't believe that Pep is satisfied with our attack?

Are you being serious here?

Ederson is great but it's more that Bravo lets in too high a proportion of shots on target. We don't actually face that many shots due to the quality of the outfield players. There are plenty of keepers capable of closing the gap as I wouldn't expect them to replicate Ederson just improve on Bravo.

I have trouble accepting that Bravo's distribution outweighs his shot stopping capabilities; mainly due to the fact that the latter is so bad and ultimately goals win games.
You have trouble with anything Bravo. Were you as critical when he played us to the final and won the C1 cup?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.