We've got enough....

Interesting to see Pep was impressed with Claudio Gomes in his press conference. Still very young, but perhaps he could be the emergency #6 or at least play the role Foden did last year playing a few couple of cup games.

Do we have any youngsters who could play the DM role well enough?

Apparently we might.....

Pep Guardiola is already considering taking French starlet Claudio Gomes straight into his first team squad.

The Manchester City boss has been hugely impressed watching the midfielder - who won't even sign for the club until he turns 18 on Monday - in training.

"He has been so good, so good," said the City boss with a big smile when asked whether Gomes will be part of the first team, especially after the £44million move for Jorginho, seen as Yaya Toure's replacement, failed last week.

Gomes will be snapped up on a free transfer from Paris St Germain after his contract with the French club expired at the end of June - the club decided to wait for his 18th birthday to avoid the bureaucracy that goes with signing a European player under that age.

Maybe we see something like this in some games this season,
I'm just concerned that we have no creativity in the side.
------------------------------Ederson--------------------------
--------Walker--------------Stones--------Kompany--------
--------------------------------KDB------------------------------
Mahrez-----------Bernardo--------Silva---------------Sane
---------------------Sterling-------Aguero---------------------
Its not difficult to select an odd game and say Gundo has it in him to do the job required Personally i dont think he has the physical attributes in hjs game to play this position in a ( hopefully) 50 plus game season I think by chasing Jorginho for the whole summer ( im over it,just) and still actively seeking someone suggests Pep wants to fill the void

Just off topic has anybody heard that the club has borrowed £150 million off Barclays bank using the security of the tv money ?

Just off topic has anybody heard that the club has borrowed £150 million off Barclays bank using the security of the tv money ?
I’ve also just found this...could it be related?

article-2129197-1295345D000005DC-376_964x1742.jpg

So is Pep adopting the "We didn't want them anyway" approach?

Chasing two £40m+ midfielders and not getting either to only say we don't need one anymore is a bit weird when nothing else has changed.

And yes, we were chasing Mahrez before and alongside them before people bring up the "it allows others to move about" thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.