WH Smith rip-off

denislawsbackheel said:
I've got 3 bookcases in my lounge with over 350 books in.
I love books, I collect books. Got Graham Greene 1st editions, Peter Robinson signed editions etc..
However
I also have a Kindle and think it is absolutely fantastic.
It is my reading method of choice on holiday. I've got 75 books on it. Enough for a while and weighs grams.
They are fantastic products.

My little hobby is collecting GG 1st Editions as well.

Carstairs said:
denislawsbackheel said:
I've got 3 bookcases in my lounge with over 350 books in.
I love books, I collect books. Got Graham Greene 1st editions, Peter Robinson signed editions etc..
However
I also have a Kindle and think it is absolutely fantastic.
It is my reading method of choice on holiday. I've got 75 books on it. Enough for a while and weighs grams.
They are fantastic products.

My little hobby is collecting GG 1st Editions as well.

Can i have both of your addresses please and advance notification of any holidays you might be taking soon?

117 M34 said:
I'm not a fan of books and 2 weeks ago I would have thought you were mad for saying you could spend hours in a book shop. However, I went into a book shop last week and was in there for over 2 hours and only left becuase I had other things to do. Was a huge shop though! About 5x the size of your average waterstones

That was Manchester Central Library you muppet!

Re: Re: WH Smith rip-off

LongsightM13 said:
another generation said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I needed a new refill for a good ballpoint.
Thought you were the educated type, Prestwich. Dear, oh, dear. Where's your fountain pen? You'll be buying packs of Bic biros before we know it.
I thought PB wrote with a quill.

He has a twirly moustache.

mancitymick said:
Fruit n Veg. Buy one get one free. Why not just sell it at half price?

Cos they'd only sell just over half the stock in the same period. The supermarket's idea is to get rid of the extra stock they had to buy in to be able to offer the deal (price per item or per kilo would reduce if supermarket bought higher stock levels).

What usually happens is the consumer ends up with 2 and they only want 1. Quite often by the time they come to use the 2nd one it's gone off and gets thrown away. Then the consumer buys more.

Swap different 'free' items with friends or relatives.

daveduke67 said:
117 M34 said:
I'm not a fan of books and 2 weeks ago I would have thought you were mad for saying you could spend hours in a book shop. However, I went into a book shop last week and was in there for over 2 hours and only left becuase I had other things to do. Was a huge shop though! About 5x the size of your average waterstones

That was Manchester Central Library you muppet!

deserves a lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.